Ok guys I think I got my new Gaming PC Figured out. Please feel free to comment or add thoughts. Also if you know of a cheaper place then I mentioned please advise.
• CPU - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz 2 x 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor
o $275.89 at clubit.com
Which motherboard of the two should I choose or another?
• Motherboard - ASUS P5W DH DELUXE/WIFI-AP LGA 775 Intel 975X ATX Intel
o $179.99 at newegg.com
• Motherboard - Abit AB9 PrO
o $89.00 at Unity Electronics, Inc.
• Memory - SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory
o $59.99 at newegg.com
The case I selected is due to the fact that my case can not be taller then 18 Inches. I can however remove rubber feet.
• Case - Antec Sonata III Case with 500 Watt Power Supply
o $103.99 at 3G Plaza
• Video Card – E-Vga e-GeForce 8800GT Superclocked 512MB
o $279.99 at evga.com (Don’t know price after tax and shipping)
I have an SATA Hard Drive, Mouse, Keyboard, Speakers, Moniter.
Now I have a few questions
1. What OS should I use XP or Vista and should I use 32 bit or 64 bit???
2. What is the difference of all the brands that sell the 8800 GT? Is one better than the others? I seem to like the E-vga.
3. I want to make sure my CPU has room to grow. I plan on adding more memory if needed and a better faster HD.
4. I want to play UT3, COD4 and Crysis. Along with the games I run now Madden, NHL 08, WOW, Company of Heroes.
Please guys what if anything am I missing. Should I change anything that you see?
EVGA 8800GT is the most sought after one & is almost always sold out. They offer true lifetime warranty & step-up (pay some to trade in your old card for a newer one). EVGA, BFG & XFX sell factory-overclocked cards. They're faster than stock cards, but hotter. I think you'll be luck if you can get ANY 8800GT right now. I wouldn't be too picky.