GA-P35-DS4 and Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 Separate Question

ljw

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2007
Hi All,

I have the GA-P35-DS4 version 2.0 with BIOS revision F8 (the latest available from Gigabyte's website).

Here are the other system specs:

RAM: Corsair TWIN2X2048-8500C5 G times two (4 1Gig DDR2 DIMMS)
CPU: Intel Core2 Duo E6850 3Ghz
Power Supply: ULTRA DUAL RAIL TECHNOLOGY SERIES 600Watt
Video Card: MSI Nx8800 ultra T20768E

This mainboard has 4 ram slots. Placing 1 set (2 DIMMs in bank 0 - slot 1 and 3 respectively, the machine will POST with bios auto-settings) Doing the same with the 2nd set except placing in bank 1 (slot 2 and 4) will allow for POST with bios auto-settings. Placing all 4 DIMMs in at the same time, the machine won't POST, but will power on for approximately 3 seconds then "reset" until I use power softswitch to turn off or use power supply analog switch to cut power. I've also tried all information in the www.asktheramguy.com forums (Corsair's website) that relates to this mainboard and this RAM (manually setting RAM timings 4-4-4-12 and setting ram bus speed to 800 versus 1066) and RAM voltage to 2.1 as also indicated on the DIMM.

The Corsair RAM indicates on it, that it should be set to 5-5-5-15.

UPDATE: I just received a reply from Corsair, suggesting that I will need to "overclock my motherboard" to achieve 1066. I'm not necessarily bent on having it operate at the fastest rate, but just want to be able to have it operate period with all 4 1G sticks installed. I'm not 100% sure of the terminology used by Corsair, but I am researching it more now.

Any suggestions, setting changes, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

XMSYellowbeard

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2006
With 4 modules, you will likely need to increase the voltage to your North Bridge, aka NB, aka memory controller due to the load of 4 DIMMs. Whatever the stock voltage is now, try raising this 1 or 2 notches above stock.

TRENDING THREADS