File Recovery

Hello,

I would like to ask if I can recover a file that I accidently wrote over? I have been writing my business plan for 2 weeks and yesterday accidently selected an old file, saved it and loss a great deal of my recent information. Needless to say, I am terribly upset with myself as I had not printed, or hand wrote anything. I've had been saving every 15 minutes on my hard drive and thumb drive, I just didn't realize that I have over-written the most recent file.

Thanks for your help.

My
6 answers Last reply
More about file recovery
  1. . You still have the old copy on your thumb drive
  2. if you don't have any temp file cleaners in your pc , try with your temp directory by typing " %temp% " in run prompt of your source machine..
    there's some possibility to have it..
  3. graywolf said:
    . You still have the old copy on your thumb drive

I was trying to be safe. Everytime I saved the document, I would save it on my thumb drive, c drive using save and save as. I can't imagine. When I started to work on the document yesterday, I added more content and then clicked save. It prompted me that I was about to write over the document as I knew it would because I had added new content. I really don't think I did anything different from what I usually do. I can see temp files but when I hover of them, there is not enough content to (kb) to be the document that I loss. Also, it is all scribily, I can't read it.
  4. manojgj said:
    if you don't have any temp file cleaners in your pc , try with your temp directory by typing " %temp% " in run prompt of your source machine..
    there's some possibility to have it..

I was trying to be safe. Everytime I saved the document, I would save it on my thumb drive, c drive using save and save as. I can't imagine. When I started to work on the document yesterday, I added more content and then clicked save. It prompted me that I was about to write over the document as I knew it would because I had added new content. I really don't think I did anything different from what I usually do. I can see temp files but when I hover of them, there is not enough content to (kb) to be the document that I loss. Also, it is all scribily, I can't read it.
  5. Hi All,

This might help (but chances are slim and I am assuming Word was used)

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HP051898351033.aspx?pid=CH062444981033
  6. If you wrote over it just once, the good copy should be on your thumb drive, unless you wrote over both of them, which you would have to do twice.
Ask a new question

Read More

Data Recovery Hard Drives Windows XP