File Recovery

Tags:
  • Data Recovery
  • Hard Drives
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
April 5, 2010 6:05:44 AM

Hello,

I would like to ask if I can recover a file that I accidently wrote over? I have been writing my business plan for 2 weeks and yesterday accidently selected an old file, saved it and loss a great deal of my recent information. Needless to say, I am terribly upset with myself as I had not printed, or hand wrote anything. I've had been saving every 15 minutes on my hard drive and thumb drive, I just didn't realize that I have over-written the most recent file.

Thanks for your help.

My

More about : file recovery

April 5, 2010 6:26:44 AM

. You still have the old copy on your thumb drive
m
l
April 5, 2010 6:31:49 AM

if you don't have any temp file cleaners in your pc , try with your temp directory by typing " %temp% " in run prompt of your source machine..
there's some possibility to have it..
m
l
Related resources
April 5, 2010 2:07:28 PM

graywolf said:
. You still have the old copy on your thumb drive

I was trying to be safe. Everytime I saved the document, I would save it on my thumb drive, c drive using save and save as. I can't imagine. When I started to work on the document yesterday, I added more content and then clicked save. It prompted me that I was about to write over the document as I knew it would because I had added new content. I really don't think I did anything different from what I usually do. I can see temp files but when I hover of them, there is not enough content to (kb) to be the document that I loss. Also, it is all scribily, I can't read it.
m
l
April 5, 2010 2:07:51 PM

manojgj said:
if you don't have any temp file cleaners in your pc , try with your temp directory by typing " %temp% " in run prompt of your source machine..
there's some possibility to have it..

I was trying to be safe. Everytime I saved the document, I would save it on my thumb drive, c drive using save and save as. I can't imagine. When I started to work on the document yesterday, I added more content and then clicked save. It prompted me that I was about to write over the document as I knew it would because I had added new content. I really don't think I did anything different from what I usually do. I can see temp files but when I hover of them, there is not enough content to (kb) to be the document that I loss. Also, it is all scribily, I can't read it.
m
l
April 7, 2010 4:30:01 AM

If you wrote over it just once, the good copy should be on your thumb drive, unless you wrote over both of them, which you would have to do twice.
m
l
!