Need to Wipe Hard Drive Disk?

zman4700

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2007
Hello,
I just upgraded a number of parts on my computer: RAM, Motherboard, Processor, GPU, ect. Everytime I try to start up my computer it goes pass the BIOS screen and then fails to boot and restarts at the VISTA loading bar screen. Is this because i need to wipe my HDD and if so how do I get past this with out loosing all of my information on it?
Thanks,
Zman4700

Doltron

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2008
Boot off your installation disk and select repair (If Vista instillation has that) or do a fresh install of Vista.

zman4700

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2007
I already tried to repair and it didn't work. Is there any way to do this without deleting everything on my hard drive?

halcyon

Splendid
Zman. You're best served to do a re-installation of the Vista, especially if you can't even get into Safe Mode. Vista is trying to load chipset, video, etc., drivers for a chipset, video, etc. that are no longer there. If you want the best end-result do a fresh install...you'll be done before you know it.

fred21

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Hi,

If you want to boost up your system performance by wiping hard drive then you should make backup of your data in logical hard drive. Then wipe the primary disk drive using stellar drive wipe software.

TRENDING THREADS