Sign in with
Your question

Outlook .pst file to Windows Live Mail

Last response: in Applications
November 9, 2012 5:18:36 PM

Hello

I have a family member who recently purchased a new Windows 7 PC. They had an XP machine with Outlook as their email client, I am wondering if it is possible to transfer the .pst file they have (their OS will not boot on the old machine, so I had to dig for the .pst file) to windows live mail somehow. I assume I will have to use some conversion program or something being as Windows Live Mail does not recognize the .pst files of Outlook. Looking for any help on this.

Thanks!
January 31, 2013 8:50:00 AM

Congrats for having a new PC, Outlook PST is very important file, if you don't have any idea to transfer pst file from old to new PC. and want to transfer safely. A very simple way is to copy the inbox pst file in storage media and paste to new PC. if you have some problem then for more info about it visit http://www.errorpst.com
m
l
Related resources
April 2, 2013 12:08:34 AM

Don't worried about that we have a solution for all those user who want to switch their emails Windows Mail to Outlook PST format you doesn't need to go anything else now you can get the perfect resolution at this place http://www.windowslivemailtooutlook.com/ by using Windows Live Mail to Outlook Converter tool

m
l
January 14, 2014 6:28:16 AM

This may be too late but this is how I did it. ..I downloaded and installed a mail client called Em client (free). I started the em client program up and skipped setting up any accounts then imported the pst files. After They imported successfully, I exported those newly imported mail boxes into windows mail format. That was from the em client program. I exited from Em client. Then I started the windows live email app and imported those into the windows live Mail application. Those were the steps and it worked just fine. Oh, since the person wanted windows live Mail instead of the em client, I then un installed the em client program. Hope this helps someone.
m
l
February 12, 2014 8:55:00 PM

Could try this--though its a bit time consuming

All your email are in pst file now

Download the Trial version of Office 2010/2013, set up Outlook and add your existing pst file to it.

Then download and install Mozilla Thunderbird. This will import your Outlook email.

You can then in Thunderbird, save your email as *.eml files, which can then be dropped directly into WLM.
m
l
May 20, 2014 12:33:47 PM

jhiamnot said:
This may be too late but this is how I did it. ..I downloaded and installed a mail client called Em client (free). I started the em client program up and skipped setting up any accounts then imported the pst files. After They imported successfully, I exported those newly imported mail boxes into windows mail format. That was from the em client program. I exited from Em client. Then I started the windows live email app and imported those into the windows live Mail application. Those were the steps and it worked just fine. Oh, since the person wanted windows live Mail instead of the em client, I then un installed the em client program. Hope this helps someone.

Thanks so much... eM Client worked like a charm.
m
l
!