yoosufbbd

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2010
just i installed 15 xp system with dg41rq mother board.onlly few system can access internet through dhcp/modem .other 10system shows limited connectivity,. I reinstalled the nlw drivers, updsted ,upgraded the bios ,but still problem existing ,

Please can u help any way

digitalprospecter

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2010
I'm just going to throw this initial thought out into the ring.

How many total systems are on the network, including the 15 new ones. Many routers have a max user limit and maybe you have surpassed it. I know some Linksys products that cap out at 33 users or less.

Now a less obscure possibility.
What is the DHCP Range set to in your Router? If the dhcp pool range is set to allow only from say 192.168.1.100 to 192.168.1.104 then you would only get the first 5 computers onto the network in a network of 15 computers.

You can check to see if your computers are drawing a DHCP IP Address from the router by going to Start Button->Run and typing CMD in the dialog box and clicking OK or pressing enter. This will open up a Command Prompt Window. At the flashing command prompt type the following command: ipconfig /all
and then press enter. Are all your computers pulling an IP Address in the same range? Ie: 192.168.1.nnn where nnn has to be a unique number for each computer?

Sorry if I'm stating the obvious here... I just don't know where you are at in the troubleshooting process.