P6N Diamond PCI-E x16 non-video

scmeis1

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
I was wondering, Does anyone have this board and use non-video boards in the PCI-E x16 slots? I have seen a few posts where they say it does not support any other card, other then Video. While Others say you can if you have the correct order on where to place your cards. I am having issues with using my 2 x 8800 GTS cards and my 2 x rocketraid 2320. This is a huge issue for me if I can not get this solved rather quickly. I hope someone in here has had dealings with this. Thanks!

scmeis1

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
I guess I should put this to rest. I tested the hell out of this board today. The posts on newegg, and other sites, proves they do not know what they are talking about. I had no problems with my rocketraid 2320 cards nor did I have a problem with video. Now the board is picky about a lot of things, and you have to just work it through.

WazzaUK

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2007
So i gather, PCIE_1 and PCIE_4 should be used for video - then other slots become x8 (even if only one video card inserted).

RocketRAID 2320 supports PCI-e x4 (x8 and x16 slot compatible), i dont see why there would be a problem...

Unfortuneately i got nothing to test with atm...