Make your 8800GT runs like a ULTRA!

G

Looks really cool. I think I'll pass for the time being though. Just got my 8800GT and its running everything great for me. Maybe when I buy that 24" Samsung LCD I may have to go this route.

I'd stick with the Software Mods until the hardware one yield higher returns. Alot of people are already reachin 700+ without even the software mod, and none of that voide the warranty. So for the effort and potential pain, I'd recommend sticking to the software side for now.

However anyone trying to go full on over the top, the 800+mhz range might need someting like this.

Nice Find though, always good to know your options. :sol:

mitchellvii

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2007
Can the 8800 GT voltage be software modded?

P.S., Even if you don't choose to hard-mod you card, the RivaTuner settings in that artcile seem to be making my card run more stable.

Hatman

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2004

Can you give me some ino ont his software mod maybe a link too, thanks, sound interesting. WC'ing the 8800GT so I want to do some pretty big OC's.

dragonsprayer

Splendid
Jan 3, 2007
if you make nice solder points and can fix it too look stock if you break it and do a wipe on the bios chip i do not think they can tell you modded if you unmod it

infact evga will replace anything that looks stock - i am 90% sure - 10% risk!

randomizer

Champion

Well it used to be as simple as a BIOS edit, but AFAIK Nvidia has had that locked for a while. ATI BIOS mods FTW!

Hatman

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2004
I've found out about thsi software mod now, simply use nibitor to change a voltage setting from 1.05 to 1.1v, jsut eone, and poeple are getting 40mhz+ on core and 100mhz+ mroe for shaders.

Madness, definatly doing this when I get my WC'ing block for it.

Hatman

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2004

Not that I know of, its been out a year so if it is possible you can just google it.

nhobo water ftw :D

randomizer

Champion

NiBiTor can't do profiles and stuff, it is a BIOS editor (hence the name, Nvidia BIOS Editor). You need to use it, or another program, to save the video BIOS to a file and then edit that one. Alternatively, NiBiTor can read the BIOS and you can make changes to it and then save it as a file afterwards. You must then use a program such as nvFlash to flash the BIOS on the card. Make sure your card runs cool, voltage increases can (and most likely will) have big impacts on power consumption and temperature.

EDIT: Make a file backup of your original BIOS!!!

ivanski

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2006
My 2 cents:

Not all cards will OC the same,and just because it hit a higher score in 3dmark06 does'nt mean its a good OC.
I have a pair of stock 8800gtx's water-cooled with load temps below 65.
I flashed them with a 648 core,1512 shader,1000 mem,and my 3dmark06 score jump to a new record of 15,300.
But in cysis they where unstable,so I had to drop it down to 621,1458,1000
My point is dont buy something or possibly damage your card just because someone told you it can handle the OC.
I'd bet that mod couldnt run crysis on good settings in DX10.

itotallybelieveyou

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2007

When you oc it's doubt something will become unstable but the peepz on the site only cared about 3dmark06 scores