Razer lycosa...What do you think???

L1qu1d

Splendid
Sep 29, 2007
hey I recently got the Lycosa Razer keyboard...I love the way it feels lol and it looks great....but the number of programable buttons are very low.

The upside is that now I can type perfectly in the dark since the keys are both backlit and the letter is also backlit. What are your opinions??

I was going to get the Tarantuala or Prototype ...but I dont need a dock and I dont use and Ipod cuz I think they suck lol (except for Ipodlinux)

40$ CAD

Good deal or bad deal??

Kabobi

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2007
I would say its a pretty decent deal.
I have used that board but dont own one.
Was thinking of buying tha lachesis mouse (the new one).
ANy one tried that? (in comparison to deathadder)

L1qu1d

Splendid
Sep 29, 2007
I have the Habu mouse it amazing....my only complaint is that it really big I prefer medium/small mice ...this one is like the size of my hand lol.... But i love the interchangable side panel on the mouse and the real time dpi Changing. Its only Low in Ratings is that its expensive.:)

But I got a really cheap one I bought 1 from Best Buy for like 59.99 open box and then bought a brand new one and switched em LMAO!

sweYoda

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2007
Yo dudes! :p

I've got the Razer Lachesis! It really owns! How ever, compared to the death adder I belive he only real difference between them are the design and if you as me I prefer Lachesis before DeathAdder, but hey it's different from person to person. Unless you really need 4000 DPI which I do NOT need, then you should only get this mouse if it feels more confortable, or Copperhead or DeathAdder... I've set my Lachesis to 1625 DPI with higher DPI I lose to much accuracy when aiming (playing CS:S) and I miss click when playing wc3. But when I play UT3 I really like lachesis since I can change DPI in-game and I've started have different settings for different weapons, with rocket laugher for instance I usally have 3250 DPI... ^^ a little bit of topic, but wtf :p

NOW for the Lycosa!
I've a question... What do you mean with "there isn't many programable buttons"? If I'm not mistaken there is no programmable buttons? Or is it the regular buttons that are programable? I thought that the keyboard layout and avalible buttons were basicaly like a regular keyboard?
Thanks!

L1qu1d

Splendid
Sep 29, 2007
I just wanted to edit this I've been meaning to for a while...I meant to say Reclusa...thats the one I got. I was telling my self not to say Lycosa and I ended up saying it lol. The Lycosa has no programable buttons. I didn't buy it because it was just a regular keyboard with backlite...While the Reclusa is a Media Centre/Gaming Keyboard:) lol I have more use for it! PLus its newer:p

Borik

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2007

What do you mean Lycosa has no programmable keys, on their web site
it says: "Fully-programmable keys with macro capability"
http://www.razerzone.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_21&products_id=76

can some on please explain it. thank you.

Borik

G

the lycosas software and drivers allow you to program every single key on the entire keyboard to perform any function in any program/game. Including MACROS

rescawen

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
after about 8 month of space board pressing the space bar fails. My uses are average 18 hour gaming a week, lots of school work typing and lots of chats. It feels good at 1st but slowly fails haha the apple keyboard and g13 is prob gonna be my new combo.

rescawen

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
The best keyboard is microsoft x6. Y? Better keys and a whole lot better backround lighting and more macros. The keys feel better on x6 :D

Maybe gonna get x6 after all.