Gta san andreas installation help

Status
Not open for further replies.

k_ampomah

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2011
Hello,
pls after a sucessful installation, when i open the shortcut icon on the desktop, it tells me that NO DISC INSERTED, PLEASE INSERT CD/DVD.
pls help me on how to get it done.

wonder44

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2010
I have had this problem on windows 7. its a compatibility issue. right click the desktop icon, select properties, select compatibility tab, run in compatibility mode for xp sp2 or sp3 or vista sp1.

ragecage21

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2011

Well I had some problems like that too. But I managed to get it right. I do not know if you have the same disc. This is what I do: Install the setup or game.(Directx 9.0 recommended) . Then, search a file named Hoodlum and right click on the file Gta_sa.exe. Click copy minimize the file and then right click on the Gta San andreas shortcut desktop. Go to properties and click Open File Location or Find Target, Paste on the side of the file and there would be an option either there would be a Permission required or straight to Copy and Replace. When done with permission access. I forgot what will happen next but if you see a three set of options. Choose copy and replace. Wait till its done and play the gta San andreas. If it appears like the Windows color will be change to Windows Aero. Ignore that just wait until the game starts. If this does not work then email me and I'll see what I can do. ragecage21@gmail.com ;)

lejla lela vretenarevic

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012
- Insert the GRAND THEFT AUTO: San Andreas DVD into your DVD-ROM Drive.
- If Auto play is enabled, the Launch Menu will appear otherwise use
Explorer to browse the disc, and launch the INSTALL.EXE program.
- Select the INSTALL option to run the installer.
- Agree to the License Agreement.
- Choose the install location:-
by default we use "C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas"
- Choose Install type - the two options are :-
"Play Radio Stations from DVD" (requires 3.6 GB of Hard Drive space)
"Play Radio Stations from Hard Drive" (requires 4.7 GB of Hard Drive
space)
- Once Installation has finished, you will be returned to the Launch Menu.
- If you do not have DirectX 9.0c installed on your PC, then we suggest
launching DIRECTX INSTALL from the Launch Menu. This will require
you to reboot your computer after installation has finished. :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.