Q6600 Heat sink P5K-E board Mild OC

chrisfromalbany

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2008
Looking here at the top two CPU fan units.. Wondering if there is any reason to go for one or the other..

http://www.frostytech.com/top5heatsinks.cfm#INTELHEATSINK
Xigmatek HDT-S1283

Thermalright Ultra 120

3Rsystem Iceage 120

Zalman CNPS9700 LED

Looks like the Xigmatek is cheaper. I believe need to get a fan unit for it as well. Not sure if need special fan for unit. Thermalright been around longer and cost alittle more.

Lupiron

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2008
TRUE, I suppose, I had mine before joining, and they do good, but everyone recommends the Thermalright Ultra 120 , And I would have gotten one, had frys carried it, just to test, I hate mail orders. You should here my current new egg debacle! I ordered some ram, 2.1-2.3 volt 1066. 480 bucks, I get it, and its way high voltage trash at 2.35-2.5 volt, and it cant even run at its rated speed! Pretty sad, they are gonna refund that so I ordered some GSkill, 2.1 volt 1066. That went to a whole other city, they are gonna refund that, so I have on order the same GSkill comming to me tomorrow, hehe, and am waiting on 900 bucks in refunds! They did give me a free 20 bucks for my trouble, lol, and I just wanted some RAM!
Oh... Lap the TRUE, waste 30 mins to do it right and supposedly its the best of the air coolers when you get a good fan!

--Lupi!

Evilonigiri

Splendid
Jun 8, 2007
The TRUE is better than the Xigmatek HDT-S1283, but the Xigmatek is notably cheaper, offering similar performance. I suppose the Xigmatek is the way to go if you're strapped for cash.

The Zerotherm Nirvana works very well at a low price too. It's pretty noise however.