god someone help me...this is stupid and aggrivating.....arrghhhh!!!!

spazticdeath

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2007
I have the GA-P35-DS3L MOBO, AND I BOUGHT THIS MEMORY:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227231

But the mobo bios and everest ultimate program see's the memory as:

667 for the mobo

OCZ Value OCZ26671024V for the Everest program...

I'm currently in contact with OCZ, but so far, all their suggestions has resulted in me spinning my wheels and
nothing happening...

I can get the mobo bios to recognize the memory as 800 only when I step up the SPD to 2.40, which will negate the warranty of the memory....

I've also tried the settings in the bios once you hit CTRL+F1 but to no avail.....I'm sure its all about setting, though maybe the memory is mistamped? Or realy realy incompatable with the mobo. Its been a long long time since I had rebuilt a system and I've never had any issues with memory not recognizing like now.

Some helps folks?

* OCZ part number:-OCZ2RPR8002GK
* Module size and kit size:-2 X 1 GIG
* CPU model and rated speed:-INTEL DUE CORE E6750
* Overclocked CPU speed:-N/A
* Divider and FSB used:-
* Motherboard and revision:-GA-P35-DS3L
* Motherboard Bios rev:-BIOS v6.00PG
* Video card:-Gecube Ati X1950XT (512mb
* Power supply:- CORSAIR CMPSU-520HX ATX1
* Operating System:-XP with latest updates
* CPU and System Cooling:-AC Freezer 7 PRO
* CPU and System temps:-cpu: 23, mobo: 35
* Purchased at/on:-Newegg.com 11-10-07
* Memory voltage:-2.0

hope you can help......thanks

rickpcnerd

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
First update your BIOS, then try again. If is still not recognize at 800mhz, You have to set the speed at 800mhz and Voltage at 2.1 manually in BIOS. NOt all memorys are recognize at stock speed advertise, you must setup manually.

spazticdeath

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2007
ok i've updated using a floppy to the latest bios....and then in bios it still wont let me go in baby steps for the voltage, so I'm using the gigabytes program Easty Tune 5 pro....which lets me go in steps...

I've set it to 800mhz at 2.2 v.....and while its now going at 800, the everrest program and my mobo bios still see's it as 667 memory.

What I've also done for a short time, but I see my cpu fan is inadequate...its a AC FREEZER 7 PRO.....as I'm now runing both everest and core temp program....I am geting varying readings....core temp tells me my cpu #1 and #2 are running idle at about 68/69 with smart fan on...while everest is telling me my cpu temps are: 32/33 thats a big diff...

Anyways I've tried upping CPU HOST FREQ TO 400 AND THEN memory is seen as 800 only because it is being forced....of course my cpu is now oc'd to 3.20ghz and while it runs fine and stable, it gets to 63/65 centegrate, which I think is way to hot....what you all think?

there is a CPU CLOCK RATE setting, its usualy set at 8x for a 333 cpu clock speed..which equals to:

333x8=2.66ghz cpu speed....

so upping it to 400x8=3.20 ghz

but all in all, the memory stills shows in everest as something that it is not..and this is what concerns me the most.

night_wolf_in

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2007
yeah. u have to change the multiplier of frequency of ram as u mentioned to get the speed of ram u need. BUT i dont know why would it void the warrenty. since u not overclocking the ram. n u not changing any settings of the ram.

to check if ur temp is high or not. go to intel's webpage. go to processor, n read their technical specification for the processor u have. it will show u the max temp specification. if u under it, then u should be safe.

spazticdeath

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2007
I'm having heat issues with my cpu...so I've put it all down back to what it was....either I'm realy doing something wrong, or the mobo is just not accepting the memory, or the memory has been restamped.....anyone live in Henderson, nv or las vegas, nv....that has a 800mhz memory compatable system I could check my memory on?

If not, how about recomending a good cpu fan then? My system was running the memory at 800mhz and my e6750 at 3.2ghz just fine...just got hot is all...

spazticdeath

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2007
for SH_And Grins CPUZ shows the spd as:

maxbandwidth; PC2-5300 (333mhz)
manufacturer: OCZ
PART NUMBER: OCZ26671024V

SO YEAH LIKE, I THINK I'VE BEEN SHAFTED BY THE COMPANY ITSELF...OF COURSE GOOD NEWS IS MY SYSTEM CAN WAY OC...JUST NEED A GOOD CPU FAN....ANY SUGGESTIONS?

NO REASONS TO BLAME GIGABYTE OR OCZ

The problem is your BIOS settings. Please do check your settings before blaming a company. I have used the exact motherboard and RAM in at least 3 builds and never had a problem. If you OCed the CPU the RAM speed will be changed based on SPD, etc. To get 800Mhz just change the SPD.

My system (E6400 OCed to 3.2) is running @ 35 idle / 56C full load (w/TAT). Room temp is cool - 63 F. I'm using the Zalman 9500 CPU cooler - NOTE the 9700 is better. To me they are a litlle pricy, Got mine from CompUSA on sale for $35.

Like you, I would be highly Pis__ed.

Could still be a bios issue. It depends on how the programs retrive the PN. If it gets it from querying the BIOS, then the BIOS may be misrepresenting the PN - and not OCZ problem; However if the software is getting the PN directly from the memory module, then both Newegg and OCZ could have a legal problem.

Editted - Shadow - I think the CORRECT part Number should be displayed in CPUZ

ok First off the 2.4 will NOT void the warranty.

CTRL+F1 and in you go,

Gigabyte boards use an odd numbering system for there memory settings. 2.4 is exactly what you are looking for. If you set this you will need to up the memory voltage. you will have to go add +0.3. This will get you up to 2.1 volts(thats what OCZ suggests)

You may also manually set the timings 4,4,4,14 leave all others at defualt....

p35rp8.jpg

In my image i run +0.2 and at 667 i set 2.4 just for you to see it....Also note if you run 4 sticks you may need and extra 0.1 volts. Also you may not even see a difference with 800(core2 is not mem starved)

A note on how the ram is identified....OCZ(since they use higher voltage ram) has in the past had "no post"(the ram needed 2.2 volts and the board only gave 1.8...so the board would not post at all) probs. they may have intentionally set this ram to run @ 667 so it would run long enough for the end user to up the voltage as needed....

Shadow - He has run two programs, both identify PN as 667. Either the BIOS is miss representing the PN, or OCZ has (1) incorrectly stored PN, (2) re Binned 667 Parts to 800.

Note: PN is for a 1.8V Cas 5 part, 800 part is @ 2.1V. raising the voltage from 1.8 V to 2.1 V may allow rebinning to the higher 800/Cas 4.

Spazt. FIRST I would resolve temp questions. Your HSF should handle your proc, even with a very mild OC to 3.2.

There have been may discussions on temp issues with the E6x50's and the verious monitoring programs. Some are totally bogus, some report approx 15 deg lower than real core temps. ( the 85 C for E6x00 vs the 100 C for the E6x50's)

2nd, I would run memtest86, from bootable cd, at stock.

3rd I would go to 400 Bus, set mem to 800 and 1:1 ratio and voltage to 2.1V . This would be a FSB of 1600. Then again run memtest86 from bootable disk.

If Memory passes, I would say fine and go have a beer - If it does not pass - then raise holy cain.

Added Note:

Spazt indicated already that he could get the memory to run at 800.
But temps where higher than they should be for the Proc.

His real question is - (I think) did he get a "REAL DDR2 800" or did they give him a DDR2 667 that he is over clocking to 800.

This is the reason I stated that first he should get a handle on temp issue. Then Verify that the Memory will run, w/no errors at the rated value.

spazticdeath

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2007
fun fun fun...ok mem test both ways...both showed the same results...

alot of data to:

LOWEST ERROR ADDRESS: 0.0MB
HIGHEST ERROR ADDRESS: 4.095.9MB
BITS IN ERROR MASK: 0001FFFC
BITS IN ERROR: TOTAL 15 MIN: 0 MAX: 14 AVG: 87
MAX CONTIGOUS ERRORS: 2
ERRORS PER MEMORY SLOT-84208028

3.0------------------538982199

TEST ERROR:
0----56
1----24
2----40
3----56
4----72
5----88
6----104
7----120
8----136
9----152
10---168

SO WHAT DOES ALL OF THIS MEAN RETIREDCHEIF?

spazticdeath

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2007
also what is the most reliable testing method for heat? so far I've tried the mobo bios, giga's easy tune pro 5 software, core temp prog, everest ultimate.....any more? I'm have way tempted to borrow works laser heat probe and see if that might work? corner of the cpu area? grasping at straws here....

one hour before I go back to work, and god help me, I have to work with a crazy Bi_tch from the office cause we are short handed ....god help me realy....

First
Where memory errors at stock w/DDR2 voltage @ +.3 (Approx 2.1 in Gigatune). IF SO RMA your memory.

2nd
On temps I use Tat, Speedfan and Coretemp. And they all agree with in +/- 2 Deg for both core temps. But I have a E6400.

There is a good, but abiet lenghty" guide on C2D's temps. will see if I can find the link - you can read it during a coffee Break (or 2 or 3 breaks)

spazticdeath

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2007
hmmm have not heard back from ocz yet...personaly I think they should send me new memory and I'll send the other back when I get mine, but I doubt that will happen....which means my shiny new system will have down time...grrr....f'ing i hate this..oh well....someone has to live through this stuff righto?