Been having some issues, could use some assistance with drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sombrereptile

Honorable
Nov 12, 2012
Hi all,

I recently built my first PC, and was really enjoying things the first week or so. However, I soon began to experience a multitude of issues with freezing/locking up. I thought I had resolved the issue when I found that I had somehow checked a box that was setting my RAM's frequency to 1333MHz instead of the desired 1600MHz.

However, these freezing issues have still been popping up. I am fairly certain the issue is not with hardware (nothing feels hot, and I sometimes get a lock-up when just browsing the web or idling).

Now, I have tried to use the device manager to update my drivers manually, but I have had very little success. Every driver tells me that it is up to date, even when I have looked on my motherboard manufacturer's (ASUS) website. As a side note, I also installed a program called DriverFinder which told me that I had 10 out of date drivers.

I am somewhat of a tech novice when it comes to things like this, so I would greatly appreciate any help you all could offer. I was somewhat confused as to what exactly I needed to update, and with the device manager being rather unhelpful, I was feeling quite lost.

Some relevant components:

Mobo: ASUS P8H77-V
CPU: Intel i5-3470 3.2Ghz
GPU: XFX R7870 2GB
RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3
PSU: Rosewill Fortress Series 550W
Hard Drive: Crucial M4 128GB SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.