Sign in with
Your question

What is a good website template for customizing PC's on ebay?

Last response: in Applications
November 13, 2012 2:32:18 AM

I want to start up a custom PC business, and I would like to make it easier for me and the seller to buy by having a dropdown/pulldown menu template, kind of like magic micro's:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Barebones-Custom-PC-MM9-48-192-...

See how there are those pulldown tabs at the bottom that automatically add up the price and display different parts? THATS what I want. Or is there any way to program them in CSS? :sweat: 
November 13, 2012 12:59:57 PM

CSS is a STYLE sheet, it just describes how the page looks like not what the page does.

You need to use another language, probably a database back end to do what you want. You have some learning to do on how to make web pages, or hire someone to do it for you.
m
l
November 13, 2012 2:49:48 PM

How much would it be to hire someone?
m
l
November 13, 2012 4:24:20 PM

coolblue8 said:
How much would it be to hire someone?

Depends on what you need to them do, and how much they charge. Could be anywhere from a few 100 to a few thousand. If you find a guy on craigslist looking for barter his skills it's cheap, if you go to a real company that sets up pro sites you're looking at a big bill. Remember you need to setup a lot more than just a web page for people to get to. How will anyone know it's there? How will they order and pay for stuff? What about support for the systems? Licenses? You need a business plan first.
m
l
!