Tags:
  • New Build
  • Gaming
  • Monitors
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
November 9, 2007 2:09:06 PM

Okai i am going to be buying a pc monitor for my gaming rid sometime during December, ill be buying for newegg and really it just needs to be the best nice looking i am expecting to be paying about $200 i may go over the price a bit depends on how better the monitor is.

So for $200 i am atleast expecting a 19" monitor so what you guys could do for me if you wish is to find me a 19" monitor (best) 22" monitor (best) etc etc

I will appreciate people who will find me a monitor for my gaming rig

More about : monitor buy

November 9, 2007 2:50:41 PM

I am more than happy to go over 200$ for a 22"...
Related resources
November 9, 2007 2:51:42 PM

If you want a 22" go with the 226BW by Samsung. It's the top rated monitor in it's division considering price.
November 9, 2007 3:20:35 PM

If u really dont mind about space and wide screen, Crt is the best monitor for gaming, and everything. With the same price u can game at 2048x1536 instead of LCD 1600x.Lcd are getting so popular that people dont even realize that crt are still the best. There is no lcd in the world thats looks better than crt.
November 9, 2007 3:31:12 PM

Yeah it's a great monitor. Moving up from my 17" it was like opening my other eye. Best upgrade i ever made buying the Samsung 226BW 22"
November 9, 2007 4:16:11 PM

rickpcnerd said:
If u really dont mind about space and wide screen, Crt is the best monitor for gaming, and everything. With the same price u can game at 2048x1536 instead of LCD 1600x.Lcd are getting so popular that people dont even realize that crt are still the best. There is no lcd in the world thats looks better than crt.

I dunno... I used 19" Samsung CRT monitor for a long while. My dad still uses a CRT and I noticed the colors are more faded on his 19" CRT. I'm actually more happy with gaming on my new 22" LCD, then my old trusty 19" CRT. To tell you the honest truth, I really don't see ghosting, or anything that hurts the game graphics running LCD. One other thing I do like, is theres less heat produced in my bedroom, as well as having more space.
a b 4 Gaming
a b C Monitor
November 9, 2007 4:37:26 PM

I have a Samsung 216BW, that's also a good option.

Make sure you get a monitor that includes a DVI cable. The image quality is better with DVI than VGA, and a DVI cable can cost quite a bit (C$49 at my local FutureShop, for example).

Buy the monitor locally, so you can check for stuck pixels. If you buy from Newegg and it has a green pixel in the center you'll have to live with it, I think. Check their policy before you buy.

!