Long Boot / Black Screen

secunda

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2005
I have search the forum's for my topic, but not same problem's I read, but close.
Before I start will what my sys. is doing.. Here is a short list of my PC. Also sys. is about 4 months old ( home built)

1) quad core 6700
2) 2-hard drive-sata
3) Windows Vista Ultimate
4) 1000w power supply
5) 8800 ultra
6) 4g of ram

Here's what my sys. is doing:
1)When sys. is running, sometimes it locks up.. Have to reboot.
2)when rebooting... sys. takes forever to log out... almost like stalling out.
3) Once re-starting..it takes forever for windows to load..(everything is fine at start-up-Bios loads and evrything) just windows will not load giving me a Black Screen.
4) When sys. has been Power Off all day.. Than when turning On... Bios loads... than it gives me a black screen.

So what can I do to resolve this problem?
Thank you in advance......

secunda

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2005
I am now on my Home built sys. Now....
cnumartyr, thankz...when I looked had sata connectors, they did look a little loose.....
roadrunner 197069, sorry...I don't over clock...yet...not that i wouldn't mind if only I trusted myself with settings.....
cfvh600, A-Ok in device manager...

Thanks for the replies...Hopefully it was just the loose sata connectors...I'll see how everythings runnings the next couple of days...Fingers crossed

obiwan05

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2006
what kind of optical drive do you have? ide by chance? my piece of crap lg dvd+rw ide causes a similar issue on my machine, espeically when there is a disk in it.... try disconnecting yours (if its ide) and booting up/restarting...

secunda

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2005
cfvh600..... I use Secunda Giedi but Secunda for short...It's a name of a star in the capriconus constellation... Since I am a capricorn.... Hint...

obiwan05... my optical drive works fine.... the problem was possibly a loose sata connector, since it looked crooked in slot...

cnumartyr

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2007

Does your case put pressure on your HDs at all?

The back of mine put just enough to knock one loose, waiting on right angle connectors.

secunda

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2005
cnumartyr .... I just relocated the ends that went to MB ( from sides to face of MB ) The Case is NO problem, more room than I know what to do with it... TT armor series

TRENDING THREADS