Inconsistant NTVDM error - help?

Triaxis

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2008
Hi,

We run a dos based application here that lets us keep running notes and various information on our customer base. On one XP Pro machine, the user gets an NTVDM error when trying to use this program. The menu screen will come up but when she tries to use any of the function keys to access the menu, that error pops up. I'm having a hell of a time tracking this down because sometimes if she reboots, the program will work, although she may need to reboot 3 or 4 times before it will work. There's no changes to autoexec.nt that I can dectect when it does work.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Triaxis

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2008
Thanks for the reply Tilweh, no luck yet with this issue. If it were consistent I could fix it, that much I'm sure of. What's maddening is that when the program does work I can't detect any changes any place that have enable the screen to function.

Triaxis

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2008
Hi Saga, when I have the initial screen up I do see NTVDM.exe but not wowexec.exe. When I try to use a function key from the app window I get my error message and NTVDM.exe disappears from the list of processes.

At no time do I see wowexec.exe