Sign in with
Your question

8800 GT for $250 @ Bestbuy!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 18, 2007 4:27:34 PM

Just got the Sunday ad, and Bestbuy is selling the BFG 88800GT OC for $249.99. I went to the site and there are none in stock near, LA, Seattle, San Diego, Dallas, Miami, New York or Chicago. I am willing to bet there are none anywhere! The sale says good for Sun -Weds only. Not available for shipping until Firiday 11/23/07after the sale. Way to go Best Buy! Does this constitute false advertisement?!?!?!

Oh well, good thing I have had my GTS for the last year!

More about : 8800 250 bestbuy

November 18, 2007 4:29:06 PM

Out of stock in orlando too. None of the 7 stores
November 18, 2007 4:54:30 PM

They will most likely get some more in stock before that ends on and most likely before black friday. The Bestbuys near me had some instock for awhile but are now all out.
Related resources
November 18, 2007 4:57:16 PM

Checked in Ann Arbor, MI yesterday (out of curiosity might have bought one if they were at MSRP), but there was none in stock (price was still 279 too).
a b U Graphics card
November 18, 2007 5:13:55 PM

Yeah, saw that earlier and while all my nearby stores were out of stock, I ordered one shipped free. You still get the $249 price, just don't get it today. And use your best buy rewards points if you have any.
November 18, 2007 5:16:17 PM

The funny part is that they are still selling 8600s at the same price point as the 8800GT.
a b U Graphics card
November 18, 2007 5:19:02 PM

LOL, yep. I just came from best buy now. No 8800GT's but they have an 8600GTS for $279! That was their best card on the shelves, and just about $150 overpriced, :)  . http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8301214&s...

BTW, I knew they didn't have 8800GT's (checked online). But TRus had Wii games buy 2 get 1 free, and they in the same mall, so I figured I'd browse BB too.
November 18, 2007 5:51:32 PM

Wow, all 6 Best Buys around me are out of stock on the 8800GT. Dang, I wouldn't mind picking one up.
November 18, 2007 6:14:21 PM

Heard about the sale and foresought :)  Now or never.
Got mine yesterday for 279.99 - last one in Best Buy (Bangor, ME - i'm betting 15% of the population have PCs).
700/2000 and running w/o a hitch for 21 hours now :D 
November 18, 2007 6:29:40 PM

Blacken said:
Heard about the sale and foresought :)  Now or never.
Got mine yesterday for 279.99 - last one in Best Buy (Bangor, ME - i'm betting 15% of the population have PCs).
700/2000 and running w/o a hitch for 21 hours now :D 

Go back with your receipt and BestBuy will give you the difference back. If you buy something and they change the price within 30 days they will refund the difference, so you will be getting your card at MSRP.
November 18, 2007 6:55:17 PM

San Pedro said:
Go back with your receipt and BestBuy will give you the difference back. If you buy something and they change the price within 30 days they will refund the difference, so you will be getting your card at MSRP.

Thing is, I traveled 2 hours each way to get it - so I'd probably just waste another 30 bucks in gas :lol: 
a b U Graphics card
November 18, 2007 8:15:23 PM

Blacken said:
Thing is, I traveled 2 hours each way to get it - so I'd probably just waste another 30 bucks in gas :lol: 

Two hours! Where was that, Portland? Is there a closer one that may match the price? I'll be up in the Augusta area for thanksgiving. It will be fun but will kill any hopes of Black friday shopping :lol: 
November 18, 2007 8:16:45 PM

Who has actually successfully got their hands on a 8800GT?
a b U Graphics card
November 19, 2007 4:18:15 PM

itotallybelieveyou said:

Best Buy just notified me that both my 8800GT orders from yesterday morning shipped. I'm kinda surprised at how soon and didn't get to talk to some friends about it (figured I'd cancel one if nobody wants it). Oh well, IF the crysis patch makes SLI work flawlessly with decent gains, I'll keep both and finally do a e6750 or Q6600 build. I'd love to play 16x10 all high details and 2xaa/16xaf. Otherwise, I'll return or ebay one if a buddy or customer doesn't want it right away. last thing I want is an unopened 8800GT sitting around when the next cards come out.

November 19, 2007 4:30:10 PM

chadwixx said:
Out of stock in orlando too. None of the 7 stores

Good luck when they do come in but as the local salesman told me they have no more orders for them setup on their systems ... that brand at that price ! The local guys here had ... and everyone else will probably have to have an employee sticking them under the shelf for you to hold them ... I love that " we have 6 showing on our system but none on the shelf " ..... they're under a desk at the store ! --- :fou: 
November 19, 2007 5:14:13 PM

itotallybelieveyou said:

i did at BB... before the sale (11/04)
November 19, 2007 5:18:09 PM

itotallybelieveyou said:

Ups man just dropped off my evga ko :) 

Its running great, 51c idle, had it up to like 66 in virtual tennis3 (at highest settings).
November 19, 2007 5:37:26 PM

I saw that Ad Sunday. Checked out my local best buy and there were two in stock.
They were BFGs. Wish they were evgas. Just checked online and they are out of stock as well.

Surprise, Az.
November 19, 2007 6:26:39 PM

itotallybelieveyou said:

Up and running since 10/31/07
November 19, 2007 7:38:46 PM

pauldh said:
Two hours! Where was that, Portland? Is there a closer one that may match the price? I'll be up in the Augusta area for thanksgiving. It will be fun but will kill any hopes of Black friday shopping :lol: 

Further east actualy. Bangor is the nearest BB, unless i hit Cananda - and I don't know if they even have BBs. The real boondocks here :ange:  If Bangor is out, Portland and Augusta are less likely to have them (more tech savvy ppl westward). Welcome to Maine Paul! L'cout for em' deer, ayut. :D 

If you call them, make sure you press on about it being in "the back" and being a "GT". I made sure the chick I talked to knew it wasn't a GTS, or GTX. ;) 
a b U Graphics card
November 19, 2007 10:28:57 PM

pauldh said:
Oh well, IF the crysis patch makes SLI work flawlessly with decent gains, I'll keep both and finally do a e6750 or Q6600 build. I'd love to play 16x10 all high details and 2xaa/16xaf.

Aren't you worried about all the limitations?

256bit & 512MB, could hold you back against that GTX/Ultra. :whistle: 

Well it's definitely a nice price and should be fun to play with if you ever got another particular setup working again. :sol:  :hello:  :sol: 
a b U Graphics card
November 19, 2007 10:29:46 PM

kpo6969 said:
Up and running since 10/31/07

I think he meant, anyone get one from the sale at that price.
a b U Graphics card
November 20, 2007 12:39:28 AM

Blacken said:
Further east actualy. Bangor is the nearest BB, unless i hit Cananda - and I don't know if they even have BBs. The real boondocks here

yeah, 2 hours east of bangor is boonies (no offense). I'm quite a ways out of NYC, but still most of Maine is the sticks to me compared to NJ. But I like it up there and would spend more time there if not for the long drive. When I was a kid we used to go up to Eastport to do some fishing off the large peer. So I am a little familiar with North eastern Maine and the shopping situation or lack thereof. How far are you from Machias or Calais? It's been about 12 years since I've been that high up the coast though. Anyway, I snatched a Maine girl for a wife so we still head up a couple times a year at least to vist family east of Augusta toward Belfast.
a b U Graphics card
November 20, 2007 12:46:53 AM

TheGreatGrapeApe said:
Aren't you worried about all the limitations?
LOL, not those limitation, but SLI yes. I don't like what I hear about GF8 SLI and Crysis right now in the incrisis forums. Stability, tearing, and not too smooth performance. And that's the one game I want more performance in for sure. I just bought the second one beacuse they said I couldn't. :lol:  I tried to put two in my cart and it said limit one per customer. SO, I said oh yeah, then you'll just have to ship me two boxes instead of one. Same rewards number, same everything, two minutes apart, and it took the second order. :kaola: 
a b U Graphics card
November 20, 2007 1:14:21 AM

Yeah I was being feces-ious about the limitations, as in 2 x 320GTS vs 1 GTX.

You know me, I'm anti-SLi/Xfire, but in this case it's likely unbeatable performance/value when it works, and would be perfect for if someone were to be trying to power (without AA) some insanely huge resolution that puts the 30" panels to shame. Might just be perfect for something like that. :sol: 

But yeah the compatability issues are always a hassle, and considering my experiences being IMO 'held-back' from potential on the HD2600 due to outside forces, I totally understand those natural reservations.

I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding a buyer if it arrives within the next 72 hours. Heck you could probably make $20+ profit off of it.

So a heck of a deal on a GT and a 24 (pronounced two-four up here :lol:  ) paid for in the process, sounds like the perfect thanksgiving gift to oneself. :D 
November 20, 2007 1:18:03 AM

I will second that the advertised $250 is true for a BFG 8800GT OC at BestBuy. Not only that I had a $40 giftcard which made the whole deal after tax about $225. Not bad at all. Had to pick it up though and they only had 1 or 2 in stock, I might have been real lucky and swipped the last one. But go to their website and type in 8800GT and check your nearest store, you never know, the $250 deal where I am is only good to Wednesday the 21st.
November 20, 2007 1:23:23 AM

San Pedro said:

I will also admit I got played up pretty good by Bestbuy when this happened. In reality I payed 279.99. But every sunday I wake up, grab a bowl of cereal and the BB ad. What went from enjoying my cereal turned into sucking down milk and chunks of wheat as I saw they lowered the price $30. So today on the way out of work I stopped by and they gave me the $30 back. BUT they actually had to charge me again for the regular price and credit me the 279.99 price. So make sure your card has enough to take the double charge, the credit for the 280 should take effect 2~3 days later. Just keep an eye on it though.
a b U Graphics card
November 20, 2007 1:41:11 AM

That is why I stopped shopping at Best Buy years ago. Always out of stock on sale items, even if you get to the store when they open the first day of the sale!

Unfortunately for them, I can walk to a Fry's, and can drive a short distance to a MicroCenter, as long as they have better deals than online.
a b U Graphics card
November 20, 2007 11:02:18 AM

Dual 320MB GTS...sweet ! ;) 

Yeah, I should be able to find a buyer without needing to hit ebay. Just suprised how quickly it shipped. Got emails sunday saying backordered and then emails monday at lunch saying shipped for both of them. I'm not against keeping both though, but only if I see the crysis patch & drivers fix SLI. I'm keeping the 22" LCD for now though, and saving for a 1080P projector.
a b U Graphics card
November 20, 2007 11:05:12 AM

tlmck said:
Unfortunately for them, I can walk to a Fry's, and can drive a short distance to a MicroCenter, as long as they have better deals than online.

Those are the two stores I wish we had in NJ. Seeing all the Fry's instore only deals pass me by sux. :cry: 
November 20, 2007 11:11:48 AM

itotallybelieveyou said:

Bought mine in SoCal 15 minutes after opening on Sunday morning. Used the 12% reward zone card and a soon to be expiring $20 reward zone certificate.
a b U Graphics card
November 20, 2007 11:31:16 AM

that's my kinda of shopping :) 
a b U Graphics card
November 20, 2007 2:14:22 PM

pauldh said:
Those are the two stores I wish we had in NJ. Seeing all the Fry's instore only deals pass me by sux. :cry: 

Not to rub salt in the wound, but for those who may not be familiar, here is a link to the Dallas, TX version of the in store Fry's ads. http://shopping.dallasnews.com/ROP/Ads.aspx?adid=473956...

Occasionally, the deals will leak over to frys.com, but not often enough. My favorite so far was an E4300 with a low end ECS MB for $99 back in March or so, when all the online stores had just the E4300 for ~$130. I moved the E4300 to a GA-P35-DS3L, and stuck a Celeron 420 in the ECS board for another $39.99(MicroCenter) to use as a web surfing Linux box.
November 20, 2007 2:51:54 PM

tlmck said:
That is why I stopped shopping at Best Buy years ago. Always out of stock on sale items, even if you get to the store when they open the first day of the sale!

the problem is that the ads are printed months ahead of time, so if a certain item gets sold and it's in the ad for the next week, there's nothing we can do. Unless we have an item minimum then we hold those.

I was tracking the GT's when they were coming in at the begining of Nov. All the stores in my area were getting 4. And as soon as they came in i bought one (before they were put out :sol:  ), another employee bought one, and one was sold to a customer, all in the same day. And since then, we have only got 2 or 3 in.

Go in and see if you can get a raincheck
November 20, 2007 5:14:49 PM

tlmck said:

Update, I think I will rarely go to BB, altough I never did before. The RETARD never added the gift card back on after crediting it back to me. So I checked my bill and it was the sale price period. No $40 off, I checked my giftcard and it had $40 bucks on it, what a F%@#G retard.... ya ya sure just put the $40 back on the gift card, I would love it eat the unexpected extra 40. What a douche, they better be able to credit me 40, im not going down there for the 3rd time. :fou:  ( For hells sake I have a V6 4.0, I think if I go down there one more time I would have spent the saved 30 on gas!)
November 20, 2007 5:29:47 PM

I ordered mine yesterday and it shows as already being shipped....anyone want to buy a gts320?
November 21, 2007 1:31:35 AM

pauldh said:
yeah, 2 hours east of bangor is boonies (no offense). I'm quite a ways out of NYC, but still most of Maine is the sticks to me compared to NJ. But I like it up there and would spend more time there if not for the long drive. When I was a kid we used to go up to Eastport to do some fishing off the large peer. So I am a little familiar with North eastern Maine and the shopping situation or lack thereof. How far are you from Machias or Calais? It's been about 12 years since I've been that high up the coast though. Anyway, I snatched a Maine girl for a wife so we still head up a couple times a year at least to vist family east of Augusta toward Belfast.

From Machias actualy.
Done the naughty and smoked some...err... on that dock in Eastport when I was a kid, as if you needed that info :D  My wife wants to take me to the boardwalk in NJ. It has a park and some attractions she was telling me and, as an added plus, it's warmer - always up for gaining a few degrees on the ME thermometer :) 
---
The BFG seems to be a good stable and overclockable card. No lock ups yet at stock or *nocks on wood* at 750/1700/2100 for hours. Recommended.

!