problems using AOL with Outlook Express

July 16, 2005 2:36:22 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

I'm trying to help a friend of mine with her e-mail set-up. She has two
e-mail accounts that she uses, an sbcglobal.net account and an aol.com
account. She uses Outlook Express to send/receive from the sbcglobal.net
account and the AOL software to access her AOL e-mail. I think it would
simplify things if she could use Outlook Express for both. I added her AOL
account in OE, and it receives mail just fine, but for some reason sending
e-mail from the AOL account doesn't work. I get an error message that says:

A time-out occurred while communicating with the server. Account:
'imap.aol.com', Server: 'smtp.aol.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 587,
Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC19

Any ideas on what the problem might be or how to fix it? Any help you can
provide would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Anonymous
July 16, 2005 2:36:23 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Excessive cross-posting reduced.

0x800CCC19 = (server) TIMEOUT

Make certain the account's configured exactly per
http://help.aol.com/help/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docTyp...
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security