problems using AOL with Outlook Express

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

I'm trying to help a friend of mine with her e-mail set-up. She has two
e-mail accounts that she uses, an sbcglobal.net account and an aol.com
account. She uses Outlook Express to send/receive from the sbcglobal.net
account and the AOL software to access her AOL e-mail. I think it would
simplify things if she could use Outlook Express for both. I added her AOL
account in OE, and it receives mail just fine, but for some reason sending
e-mail from the AOL account doesn't work. I get an error message that says:

A time-out occurred while communicating with the server. Account:
'imap.aol.com', Server: 'smtp.aol.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 587,
Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC19

Any ideas on what the problem might be or how to fix it? Any help you can
provide would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
1 answer Last reply
More about problems outlook express
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Excessive cross-posting reduced.

    0x800CCC19 = (server) TIMEOUT

    Make certain the account's configured exactly per
    http://help.aol.com/help/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=http--helpchannelsaolcom-SearchData-kjumpadpcatId3sCId458sSCId4207articleId217453&sliceId=&dialogID=64680498
    --
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

    nikko wrote:
    > I'm trying to help a friend of mine with her e-mail set-up. She has two
    > e-mail accounts that she uses, an sbcglobal.net account and an aol.com
    > account. She uses Outlook Express to send/receive from the sbcglobal.net
    > account and the AOL software to access her AOL e-mail. I think it would
    > simplify things if she could use Outlook Express for both. I added her
    > AOL account in OE, and it receives mail just fine, but for some reason
    > sending e-mail from the AOL account doesn't work. I get an error message
    > that says:
    > A time-out occurred while communicating with the server. Account:
    > 'imap.aol.com', Server: 'smtp.aol.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 587,
    > Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC19
    >
    > Any ideas on what the problem might be or how to fix it? Any help you can
    > provide would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Outlook Express AOL Microsoft Windows XP