Why do i need vista plus windows 7

toni100

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2011
Hello,
My pc comes with Vista-why do I need windows 7 if Vista is the operating system?. What is windows 7 then? and do I still need Windows Office.
Please explain this to me.

Thanx a stack
Toni

My pc comes with Vista

Vista is the computers operating system. Windows 7 is a different operating system than Vista. Windows 7 operating system is newer than Vista.

why do I need windows 7 if Vista is the operating system?.

Who says you NEED Windows 7? You have Microsoft Windows Vista installed right.

What is windows 7 then?

Windows 7 is a diferent operating system than Window Vista. It's newer.

and do I still need Windows Office.

Microsoft Office is a seperate software and does not come preinstalled with Windows Vista or Widows 7 operating systems. It can be purchased seperately if you need the software.

Please explain this to me.

Let me start over...on second thought. nevermind.

Windows 7 is the new version of Microsoft's OS -- you do not NEED it it is just another option for your OS that has some new features.

Same goes for Windows Office -- it is a combination of several programs used for office applications like word processing, spreadsheets, etc. that Microsoft sells seperately - whether you need it depends on what you are doing on the system -- there are alternative applications that do the same things from other companies that can be used instead or there is also OPEN Office which is a freeware program that is very similar and just as capable and is available for FREE ( www.openoffice.org )