Hard Drive crashed. Replaced. Now trying to recover data.

krislightsey

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2011
My computer is a dell studio xps running windows vista. Computer locked up and wouldn't do anything. Turned it off and it would not completer restart. It would freeze after about 30% of status bar under dell logo. Contacted service tech and after trying several things, he concluded bad hard drive. Replaced hard drive but now trying to recover data files from other hard drive. Bought SATA to USB adaptor kit and hooked it up, but the other hard drive doesn't show up on my computer. It has its own power supply and when I plug it in I hear it come on, but nothing pops up on my computer.

NOT super computer savvy, so please offer suggestions.

misheal

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012
hi friend,

No need to worry.There are many cases due to which hard drive crashes and not works.Don?t worry! The data is not lost forever; it is only invisible from your computer. You might be thinking that the disk will overwrite the space of the deleted data with some other data. Running a wrong data recovery software application might corrupt your data and there are chances of losing them forever. By using a good hard drive recovery tool you can recover all your lost data from corrupted hard drive,crashed hard drives.You can easily download the free trial version of the software.