cowsled

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2007
I was just wondering three things about these two cases.
1. Which is quieter?
2. Which has better PSU?
3. Which, in a general sense, would be better?

^^ thanks

cowsled

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2007
Oki, seeing that no one could answer any of my questions, I'm going to try and answer them myself after some research. Hopefully, someone will find this useful, as this comparison would probably apply to the P182 as well, and hopefully someone (else) will shoot me if I get something wrong (after correcting me of course).
1. I'd go with the P180, since more fans and much better air circulation which means that you can afford to have those fans on a lower RPM which leads to less noise.
2. I haven't found much about the PSUs themselves but it seems that the cables are too short in the P180. Never had the problem. (Yes I own a P180 and didn't know anything about it. I'm the guy who gets a crazy case as gift and didn't find anything about it until recently.)
3. I'd go P180. I saw the inside of a Sonata III today and I think the interior design of the P180 is much better. The main problem with the Sonata III design was the the PSU was at the top. I was planning on mounting a Z9500 or a Ninja but I'm thinking that it may not fit. Another thing is that if I ran the Ninja with no fans, the heat would go directly to the PSU, which can't be good. If I add a fan, it's still better to have a P180 since you could place the fan as to push hot air out of the top of the P180 (for the Sonata III you'd have to push the hot air sideways but that wouldn't be as efficient as pushing it straight up). So, I'd say the P180 was better choice :).

I think I'm going to stick to this case, mainly because I don't need to buy a new one :p. I'm gonna give this case the much needed attention and un-dust it a bit (I only found out it had filters over the weekend, it was not a pretty sight). I hope this helps anyone who's considering buying a case in the "P" series :). Please don't shoot me XD