Solved

In over my head - CAD

Heya Tom's.

So for my Shakespeare class, we have projects to do. Not having had that teacher before, I wasn't aware what level of effort was required for said projects - turns out it's fairly low, but it's too late for that. The project that I cam up with was a model of Elizabethian London, highlighting the various theaters, accompanied with a talk on how the theaters' locations affected their audience, which in turn defined the theater.

I was originally going to do this with papercraft, but that turned out to be WAY harder than I expected. Time is crunching now, so I figure I'll do a 2D map with the theaters coming up out of it. My question for you guys is:

What's the easiest CAD software to learn? I'm fairly tech-oriented, but I haven't the time right now to learn something powerful like Blender. The results don't have to be spectacular, they just need to be easy to create. Is there something, perhaps engineering or architecture oriented, that would help me out with this?
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about head
  1. Go cry to your mom
  2. Wow, a response? THANK YOU!

Now stuff it.
  3. Try Google Sketchup. But.. you want to re-create London with theaters in CAD? Bit of time consuming I would think. Check on the Google Maps API interfaces, you may be better off using that.
  4. Thanks for the reply. :)
    Google maps API looks interesting, but it's all modern, right? So far things are going decently teaching myself through CITYcad.
  5. Best answer
    DarkSable said:
    Thanks for the reply. :)
    Google maps API looks interesting, but it's all modern, right? So far things are going decently teaching myself through CITYcad.

Yes it's modern, if you use the default that they show you, but you can create your your own models over the existing maps.

http://sketchup.google.com/yourworldin3d/index.html

http://www.sketchup.com/training/videos/gsuge.html

Basically you can overlay the streets and buildings with your own models.
  6. Hmm, I might have to try that. Thank you!
  7. Best answer selected by DarkSable.
Ask a new question

Read More

CAD Apps