Phenom in Crysis

Anybody know about any benchmarks with the phenom processor and crysis game combined?

Anyhow I think toms should do one, just to check out what happens in performance when all cores are used.
10 answers Last reply
More about phenom crysis
  1. Check Anandtech, HotHardware, and maybe Hexus.

I thought one or all of them had Crysis demo benchmarks in them.

Quote:
    To highlight CPU performance differences, all of our 3D gaming benchmarks were run at 1024 x 768, so keep in mind that real world gameplay will most likely be at more GPU bound resolutions with CPU differences mattering less. That being said, this is a CPU review, so we do want to know which of these chips runs game-code the best.

2. who cares they can not even make them - it plays great on intel
  3. Phenom is Crisis? Oh, you mean the game. Anyway, at the moment I don't think Phenom will do all that good.
  4. Well I kind of like the idea that I can buy a good mobo today (well ok maybe in a few weeks) with a phenom and then 2009 I can get a new processor for that exact same mobo.

Doing good or not, well you really have to look at price performance, and right now I have to have a quad for 90% of the stuff I do, (well ok it will make things easier) so either a q6600 or a phenom. I am probably going with the phenom just wanted to see how game performance was.
  5. Arnagath said:
    Well I kind of like the idea that I can buy a good mobo today (well ok maybe in a few weeks) with a phenom and then 2009 I can get a new processor for that exact same mobo.

You could do the same thing today with a Core 2 Quad. The main difference is that the Phenom in 2009 will probably still be slower than the typically overclocked Q6600 of today.
  6. From HotHardware:

SANDRA's various benchmarks don't put the Phenom 9700 in a very flattering light. The processor arithmetic and multi-media tests have the Phenom 9700 finishing well behind Intel's offerings, but we should note the Intel reference systems are clocked at much higher frequencies. The memory bandwidth and cache tests also put the Phenom at a disadvantage with a relatively low 5.7GB/s of memory bandwidth and a combined cache / memory peak bandwidth that falls in between a Quad-FX setup and a Core 2 Duo E6700. The multi-core efficiency test, however, has the Phenom finishing at the bottom of the barrel with the lowest inter-core bandwidth reported. We suspect this test isn't gathering data properly though, as the Phenom's architecture lends itself to strong inter-core communications.[\i]

Sandra definitely has problems with Phenom as CrySis shows them right on the heels of Penryn.
  7. Well I am kind of an AMD fan, ever since the athlon. However if I get more performance with the penryn.........

Anyhow If what you are saying is true then I would like to see some non demo benchmarks from crysis, and it would be great to see a 9600 overclock to around 3.0
  8. Arnagath said:
    Well I am kind of an AMD fan, ever since the athlon. However if I get more performance with the penryn.........

Anyhow If what you are saying is true then I would like to see some non demo benchmarks from crysis, and it would be great to see a 9600 overclock to around 3.0

I've been a AMD fan since the days of the Athlon as well, but I'm also realistic. While it would be great if the 9600 could be overclocked to 3 ghz, if it was easy enough, AMD would already be releasing fast chips. They aren't, so there should be an obvious observation that something is definitely wrong in the chip.

A question that is going through my mind is trying the 790FX motherboard with DDR 1066 ram and a 5000+ Black Edition cpu. The 5000+ BE can be overclocked very well. I've seen a posting from CPU-Z of one running at 3.5 ghz on air. Don't know how it would work, but the idea seems interesting to me. It might be at least one way to salvage something out of the present disaster.
  9. sailer said:
    I've been a AMD fan since the days of the Athlon as well, but I'm also realistic. While it would be great if the 9600 could be overclocked to 3 ghz, if it was easy enough, AMD would already be releasing fast chips. They aren't, so there should be an obvious observation that something is definitely wrong in the chip.

A question that is going through my mind is trying the 790FX motherboard with DDR 1066 ram and a 5000+ Black Edition cpu. The 5000+ BE can be overclocked very well. I've seen a posting from CPU-Z of one running at 3.5 ghz on air. Don't know how it would work, but the idea seems interesting to me. It might be at least one way to salvage something out of the present disaster.

Not a horrible idea if you want to stay true to AMD.

You'd be able to drop a Phenom in later once they ramp production up a bit and get the B3 out.
  10. cnumartyr said:
    Not a horrible idea if you want to stay true to AMD.

You'd be able to drop a Phenom in later once they ramp production up a bit and get the B3 out.

Well that is actually a good idea. However I wonder when the B3 is released? You can never trust the release dates.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Phenom Processors Crysis