XFX 680i LT - HELP! No beeps, no posts, no nothing :(

Lafraider

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2007
I just got a XFX nForce 680i LT, Pentium Duo 2.2, 2Gb (2x1024) of 800Mhz dual channel DDR2, the power supply is a Xion 500W with 4-pin CPU power cord. After connecting all cards, memories, HD and so on, I switch it on. The mobo lights up, the fans are running, the HD is alive, but there is no video, no beeps, no post whatsoever.
I am trying to understand if there is a problem with the CPU power supply. The mobo has a 8-pin plug for the power, but the manual states that a 4-pin cable can be used, and it tells you where to plug it. The problem is, the 4-pin doesn't fit there. It fits in the adjacent 4 pins, but not in the 4 indicated on the manual. And even if it fits in the other four, the position of the 12V - GND cables is reversed.
Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated...

thank you

akhilles

Splendid
What's the cpu model? Look at the box or your receipt. Then compare this against xfx site's cpu support of a bios version.

Better yet, list everything on the receipt here.

Is the 4-pin cable labeled cpu? What color is it?

Sorry your info is extremely vague so I can't help you more.

EastmanDC

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2007
I just spoke with XFX Tech support, I had the same issue. They said that there was a misprint in the manual regarding the pins to put the 4-pin connector in. It's supposed to say 3,7,4 and 8. So putting it where it fits, according to XFX will work.

Lafraider

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2007
Problem solved. There is a misprint in the manual, and the way the power supply cord fits in the plug it is the way it is supposed to be. My problem, however, was a faulty memory stick. The mobo DOES NOT have any speaker or speaker plug, so you willl never hear any beeping. Try a different memory stick before you do anything else.

Thank you all for your help