nukchebi0

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2006
My new build (6750, 8800GTS, P35-DSR) can work fine, but invariably screws up, running Superpi at 41 s, rather than 19s, and getting 3dMark scores around 4000. A system reset fixes this, but the problem comes back. What could be causing this? It gets very irritating having to system reset to play games decently. I don't know what happened, but the first two times this occurred, the program compatibility assistant came up and informed me something had not installed correctly.

I have Vista, if that helps.

nukchebi0

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2006
It is: E6750, 8800 GTS 640, P35-DSR, Samsung Spinpoint 400 T, 2 (2x1 GB Crucial Ballistix), Seasonic SS-550HT, Vista 64-bit Home Premium, Office 97.

The problems occurred with Rise of Nation and BF2 (a mod thereof).

akhilles

Splendid
the first two times this occurred, the program compatibility assistant came up and informed me something had not installed correctly.

What did it say exactly? Drivers or hardware? Go to device manager & see if there's a yellow exclamation mark beside anything. Have you updated vista?

nukchebi0

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2006
Updating Vista, actually may be the problem, because I have now realized that every system restore puts it back before the latest set of updates, and it always seems to fail soon thereafter, with the only change being those updates.

Also: A big thank you for telling me to got here. Vista still thinks I have an E6550 in there, not an E6750. Additionally, there is an exclamation mark next to the ATI Tool driver. Would uninstalling ATI Tool and reinstalling the Intel driver so it correctly recognizes my CPU be a good idea?

Zorg

Splendid
May 31, 2004
Ah, the old fresh install. You could continue to play around with it, but in the long run a fresh install would probably take less time with less aggravation.

akhilles

Splendid
If it's an old windows install from a previous build, it will have problems. You should've uninstalled the previous hardware drivers before the last shutdown.

Regarding the wrong cpu readout, Vista may not read it accurately. If your post or bios says e6750, don't worry about it. Otherwise, check that you have the F4 or newer bios that supports the e6750:

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherboard/CPUSupport_Model.aspx?ProductID=2543