POLL - BEST Motherboard Manufacturer? :ctrlaltdelpc:

What is the BEST Motherboard Manufacturer??

• Abit USA

Votes: 10 1.9%
  • Asus

Votes: 290 54.9%
  • Biostar

Votes: 6 1.1%
  • DFI

Votes: 14 2.7%
  • ECS

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Foxconn

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Gigabyte

Votes: 148 28.0%
  • Jetway

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MSI

Votes: 47 8.9%
  • PC Chips

Votes: 4 0.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mychael616

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2007
What is the best motherboard manufacturer based on reliability, performance, setup, functionality, user friendliness, customer service, warranty/RMA etc.

SirCrono

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
I've never had any truble with Gigabyte boards, they offer most features and their prices are about right most of the time.

An Asus died on me once, so no more Asus for me for a while.

BUFF

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2003
Imo it's too wide a criteria esp. as user abilities/expectations vary greatly & mobo manufacturers have good/bad models.

Asus have something like 50% of the mobo market so should in theory get ~50% of your votes in the poll.

abit USA aren't a mobo manufacturer as such but the US subsidiary of Universal abit (nitpicking I know but Tom's Hardware isn't a particularly US centric site so abit USA aren't relevant to a large % of the readership)

enewmen

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2005
For me, Asus was always best in features and reliability.
I think Gigabyte or MSI is best for extreme overclocking.
I had trouble with Abit before, but I know it's a big company and around a long time so I must have just had bad luck.
From what little I know, DELL makes it's own motherboards. They should be included (even though you can't buy just the Dell motherboard)

I actually like that Toms is not US centric, even though I'm American. I think this gives a better perspective on the world as a whole. (Not showing much stupid US 2-Year phone plans and showing non-Microsoft International standards for example)
My 2 cents.

utaka95

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2006
Dell buys from/contracts Foxconn, among others. Asus makes good Intel chipped boards, but iffy AMD boards. I buy Gigabyte, Abit, and Biostar, personally.

russki

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
I like DFI (I seem to be alone in that). Always rock solid, always run well in and out of spec (for procs, etc.). I was upset with Asus when they slapped a defective fan on the southbridge in the Deluxe board and slapped a heatpipe that would not work in an inverted configuration on the Premium board once. Other than that, Asus is pretty good, too.

bart797

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2007
I am sure all the manufacturers make great products....but I think that DFI has the edge in Build quality.

I have the 35P Lan Party

Zeka

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2007
Gigabyte - never a single problem on my nforce4

Many of my friends had Asus boards, and they all had some issues, always something else...

Memory fried, gameport didn't work, raid failed (!), southbridge coolers failing, agp ports frying new vga cards... on and on.

And when it happens, it's always: "maybe I just got a bad sample, Asus mobo's are great!"

Pharaun

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2007
I still have an Asus A8V-E Deluxe and when I bought it 2 years ago it's north bridge fan came broken.. and never got it repaired. Instead I put a fan "on" my graphic card and cooled the north bridge that way.. until now
:)

Plus there's the fact that their website sucks. They don't offer the CDs that come out of the box etc.

lolitha

Distinguished
May 24, 2006
Considering Price performance ratio i am voting for Gigabyte, but I am having with good run with ASUS also. I hate ECS MBs' and for best reliability and durability i think stock Intel boards are great.

Wish I could have voted for both ASUS and GIGABYTE as they are both good manufactures and I have yet to have an ASUS or Gigabyte board die on me.

PS: Had MSI, ABIT and DFI die on me, after that I never brought from any of the companies. I have been happy ever since.

AnGeLuS69

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2007

I'd have to say for Intel based system it's definitely between Gigabyte and Asus. As of late I have been VERY impressed with Gigabyte boards specifically my GA-P35-DQ6 rev 1.0 board.

My Asus P5W-DH board was pretty good but nowhere near as good a clocker. My Asus P5K-E WIFI/AP is pretty awesome so far though.

G

The Forum subject is excellent.
Changing the main board is a big pain in the .... if you still can find a board who works with your CPU & chipset
I am troubleshooting computer.
In my area (thailand) I see mainly Asrock, Asus, and ECs mainboard
and think that Asrock is > to Asus > ECS

Status
Not open for further replies.