Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Printer driver will not install

Last response: in Windows Vista
June 21, 2011 5:06:03 PM

Hello,
I have a new brother multifunction printer on a wired home network. I am running vista. The other computer on the home wired network installed entire suite with no issues. My laptop installs the fax printer, but not the actual printer. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times. At the end of the install it was popping up a 0x0000001e error message. I bought a program(ErrorEnd) and it says it fixed all registry errors( I ran it 5 times). The same error message is still there. Also, at the END of the install it says "you do not have permission to modify settings on this computer contact systems admin" I am the admin. Can anyone help me?

More about : printer driver install

a b \ Driver
June 21, 2011 5:13:19 PM

Are they the most current drivers ?

Welcome to the Forum !
Score
June 21, 2011 5:42:34 PM

Yes, the disk came with the Brother MFC 7360N. I also downloaded the driver online through my "add a printer set up" that time it said "access denied". I had some files restored by a computer shop recently. Evidently they had turned off the system restore setting. That was causing a problem initially, but I turned it back on. Now I'm wondering if some other system was changed not allowing this install.
Score
Related resources
June 28, 2011 2:47:31 AM

893325,3,917959 said:
Yes, the disk came with the Brother MFC 7360N. I also downloaded the driver online through my "add a printer set up" that time it said "access denied". I had some files restored by a computer shop recently. Evidently they had turned off the system restore setting. That was causing a problem initially, but I turned it back on. Now I'm wondering if some other system was changed not allowing this install.[/quotemsg

Thank you all for the help. Sorry, but I'm not very adept around forums. I figured out that my Kaspersky Anti-virus was acting as a firewall. As soon as I disabled it, I was able to install with no problems.
Thanks very much, Lois
Score
August 25, 2012 11:38:59 PM

loisthorne said:
893325,3,917959 said:
Yes, the disk came with the Brother MFC 7360N. I also downloaded the driver online through my "add a printer set up" that time it said "access denied". I had some files restored by a computer shop recently. Evidently they had turned off the system restore setting. That was causing a problem initially, but I turned it back on. Now I'm wondering if some other system was changed not allowing this install.[/quotemsg

Thank you all for the help. Sorry, but I'm not very adept around forums. I figured out that my Kaspersky Anti-virus was acting as a firewall. As soon as I disabled it, I was able to install with no problems.
Thanks very much, Lois
said:

Lois,

THANK YOU, THANK YOU ....... I just spent the last 3 to 4 hours trying to get a Brother driver installed on my new computer and was ready to throw it out the window. Based on your comment I removed Kaspersky and tried again. Eureka!!!!
Don
Score
a b \ Driver
August 26, 2012 7:11:29 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!