Network Bridge, need advice

coolbb

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2008
hi
my company has separate network between internet and office network.
now my computer has 1 eternet and 1 wireless.
can i bridge this 2 network together? so i can use the internet and access the company files at the same time?
now both network are enabled, yet i can only access the internet if i disable the company network first.

the office network setting
192.168.0.xx
the internet
192.168.1.x

thanks

riser

Illustrious
Bridging would only allow the connections to pass through to each other. It doesn't really make sense why you have two seperate networks in that way, unless the company is trying to do something really cheap in the short run.. the long run it doesn't make sense.

It is a routing issue you run into. The bridging would need to take place the server or routing level, not on yours.

If you want to try bridging them, in Windows XP right click on one connection and select bridge. Its a simple process but probably not what you want to do.

authoratah

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2007
I get the feeling someone is reasonably paranoid about security there. Riser is right though, you're looking to perform an operation at the network layer, rather than the application layer. If you've access to 2 routers though, you'll probably be able to do it.