Trojan horse agent2 apth

Tags:
  • Security
  • Trojan
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
April 10, 2010 3:57:27 PM

Hi!

I was trying to open a program and my AVG resident shield pop up a message saying " threat detected: Trojan horse Agent2.APTH; detected on open" . Please extend any information regarding this threat. Thank you.

cortez

More about : trojan horse agent2 apth

April 10, 2010 9:41:09 PM

Did you tell AVG to delete it?
m
l
April 11, 2010 3:48:07 AM

graywolf said:
Did you tell AVG to delete it?

graywolf,

thanks for answering on early
no, i clicked " ignore " it for the mean time. i used this program several times this week and have no problems with, just yesterday. i've scanned the computer also prior to this and it did not report any threats. any help on this subject is highly appreciated, thanks again.

cortez
:) 
m
l
Related resources
a b 8 Security
April 11, 2010 6:16:13 AM

[#0005ff]
If it shows up again, tell AVG to Quarantine it. Try the programme concerned for a while and if it's unaffected, you can clear out the Quarantine folder, simply ask AVG to let you have the "threat" back. That's what the Quarantine system is for.

[/#000ff]
m
l
April 11, 2010 7:35:34 PM

After you quarantine it, scan your computer with Malwarebytes, and please don't ignore any threats. They spread, and ignoring them can get get you in worse hot water until your system is really screwed.
m
l
May 19, 2010 5:27:13 PM

graywolf

this is a new problem, im having a problem with my active desktop display, the background is all with except the icons. when i click on the display that say's"restore my active desktop, it just reports an error message, saying line 65. tnxcortez

m
l
a b 8 Security
May 19, 2010 11:30:55 PM

This was probably a result of the previous trojan you ignored.I recommend you reinstall your windows after you backup what you want to save!That trojan you ignored is a nasty trojan downloader that will continue to cripple your system!
m
l
May 28, 2010 5:07:42 PM

Tnx all to all of you guys, you were all very helpful.
m
l
!