Heat problem.. getting worried

Morbodis

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
Ok.

I bought Team Fortress 2 yesterday, and was playing it fine... now today was rather hot, and my part of the house isnt exactly the coldest so i was expecting my graphics card to cop a bit of a workout, i turned some of the settings down, and noticed it was getting rather hot... and later in my games i was getting unexpected FPS spikes. I wacked a mini portable fan pointing at the open pc and the weather has cooled down... it is now quite cold in the case... yet (even when im idling not in the game) the graphics card is still getting incredibly hot.... i dont want to blow anything up soooo can anyone tell me what may be causing this??

(note: initially (upon bootup) a corner of the card gets hot... then later the whole card does... im getting a average 45fps in TF2 and theres no notable problems other than the fps spikes later and the heating of the card)
(note2: i had the latest drivers from 2 weeks ago, updating them... cant see it helping much tho)

Specs (nothing special):
AMD Athlon 64 3800+ (2.4ghz)
2.5gb RAM
GeForce 7600GS (256mb AGP)

Thankyou in advance:

PS. if its worth noting the little metal circular bit that has the VIA logo is rather hot (near the graphics card.. but not close enough for a heat issue i should thinK)

Morbodis

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
i honestly dont know my case... it was a default from some random PC deal ways back... But the fans are all working (or so it seems) not to mention my portable fan blowing on the inside (cause im paranoid as anything)

systemlord

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2006

The PC case I have now is not a very good PC case because its heat build up inside the case is very bad. I'll have to leave my sidedoor off until I get my new case December 1st. If I were you I'd think about getting a better PC case, for the price the Antec 900 is a great PC gamers case!

TRENDING THREADS