overclock on windows startup

Sharft6

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2006
In the past i have been starting up ntune and cranking up the fsb every time i startup my computer with a gaming purpose in mind.

I would use bios overclocking but it doesn't boot up with cool n quiet enabled and i have a thing against wasting power :(

I've tried to fiddle with the ntune custom rules but every time i push apply it says something about the description field being empty and to fill it by clicking the underlined "rules description" words. However there are no underlined words on the screen that say "rules description". I've also tried to put the profile in the startup folder but it says error loading profile.

I was wondering if there are any applications out there that could do this for me or a fix for ntune. it doesn't need to be to advanced as i just need to up the fsb.

Evilonigiri

Splendid
Jun 8, 2007
You should always OC through the bios. It is much more accurate and less prone to instabilities and such. The reason why cool n quiet would not work could be simply that your settings are unstable with it on. Changing the settings around may help.