Enabling gateway

My computer says that Gateway is disabled. I cannot get on the internet. How do I enable it?
2 answers Last reply
More about enabling gateway
  1. blubel3121 said:
    My computer says that Gateway is disabled. I cannot get on the internet. How do I enable it?

[#0005ff]
    The Gateway will be your router or MODEM. Perhaps it's been switched off by mistake. If it is turned on, is it showing any lights - particularly the DSL light?

[/#000ff]
  2. Right-click on My Network Places, select properties, and view your network connections status.
    -- If it (or them) are connected, select it with the cursor, then select Details on the left panel to view your IP address.
    -- If it is disabled, put the cursor on the connection, right-click to enable it.
    -- If it is not connected, or the IP address shows little nor no connectivity, unplug the MODEM (and the router, if you have one), wait about 30 seconds and re-connect the power to the MODEM.
    -- After all the lights have stopped flashing, re-connect power to the router, and then re-check the Details of your connection in network Connections.
Ask a new question

Read More

Computers Gateway Internet Windows XP