800GB FAT32 partition now RAW after ram caused Bluescreen

fmunkey

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2008
So I have a 1 terabyte western digital external drive which I then opened and put in my new pc. I had the bad sticks of crucial 1gb ram, and got a bluescreen. After a bluescreen (i had a few) the 800gb fat32 partition (it came as fat 32 and was recognized by my 360 and ubuntu so i left it) i use for windows says it is not formatted, and shows as RAW. Now that I have the new 2v ram, i want to fix this.

It does not have my windows partition on it, but it is the drive with the boot info (something I'm going to fix soon) so I use it to boot. In windows disk management it says it is healthy, and shows up as the right size.

Can I fix this? I have about 500 gigabytes of DVDs, pictures and music that i can't lose (mostly the pictures). I know it's all there because i can hook it up to my xbox 360 over the usb connection it came with and it sees the entire folder structure just fine and plays everything. I don't have another computer in my home that i can connect it to, because they only have IDE and not sata.

Thanks for your help