How far can i take my E6300?

Arkious

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2007
Hi guys,

I hope you can help me out with my question as i have come to a halt with overclocking my system. My system specs are;

Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 1.86GHz (currently overclocked to 3.11GHz)
MSI P35 Neo2 FR
4 x 1GB DDR2-1066 Ballistix Tracer (LED)
Gigabyte ATI HD3870 512mb GDDR3
160GB Samsung 16MB Cash
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty Pro
650Watt SLI Power Supply
Thermaltake Bigwater 754 (with 2 radiators)

I know computers well, but have only recently started overclocking when i got my new board and cooling. currently i have my E6300 clocked to 3.11GHz and my ram at 1070MHz, I can the ram ratio 1 stage lower to 1:1 which allows me to clock further with the drop of the ram speed. Where my problems lie is that the system becomes highly unstable with my screen going fuzzy if not allowing me to start. my FSB at the moment is at 2000 on the dot, have i hit the maximum or can i go further?

If anyone is kind enough in to explain how to get it further please let me know, i can over volt everything appart from my PCI-Express slot so let me know if i need to touch these or not.

I hope you guys can help me out :) thanks a bunch guys!

Arkious

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2007
1st of all thanks for the reply and sorry for the extremely bad grammer :)

Yeah thats what my friend said, is there any way of increaseing how far you can take the FSB?
I will post the settings tonight as i am at work at the moment, but in the mean time has anyone got a similar set-up?
My CPU still only gets 5.7 on the Vista Chart, i want it enough to get a 5.9 :D:D:D but i bet that wont happen due to the FSB wall.

But like i said i will post the exact settings like i said and possibly a picture if i can work out how to do it :) thanks again.

Arkious

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2007
Hi there, sorry i didnt get in till late last night but here are my BIOS settings you require.

Current CPU Frequency 3.12GHz (446x7)
Current DRAM Frequency 1070MHz

----------------------------------------------------------------------
D.O.T. Control Disabled
Intel Speedstep (EIST) Disabled
Adjust CPU FSB Frequency 446
Adjust CPU Ratio 7
Adjusted CPU Frequency 3122
Advanced DRAM Config Press Enter -----> Configer by SPD
FSB/Memory Ratio 1:1.2
Adjusted DDR Frequency 1070
PCIEx4 Speed Controller Auto
Adjust PCIE Frequency 100
Auto Disable DIMM/PCI Frequency Enabled
CPU Voltage 1.3375V -> 1.325 Stock
Memory Voltage 2.20V -> Auto Stock
VTT FSB Voltage 1.325V -> Auto + 1.175V Stock
NB Voltage 1.450V -> 1.25V Stock
SB I/O Power 1.8V -> 1.5V Stock
SB Core Power 1.15V -> 1.05V Stock
Spread Spectrum Disabled

That is my bios settings, i hope you can help me out with this, http://www.msicomputer.co.uk/index.php?func=proddesc&prod_no=1261&maincat_no=1&cat2_no=170 is the link to my motherboard page, i dont know if it is of any use to you guys.

I hope you guys may be able to help me tweek my comp. thanks again :)

Arkious

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2007
Hi, i have already increased them, but is it worth taking them into the red voltages, they go quite high into the red so what do you think would be sufficient.

By the way i think this saturday i am going to lap my cpu and heatsink, only problem is i dont really wanna take the water system appart xD but anyways. you think i could get it much higher by upping the voltage, much higher? also do i need to change the memory ratio?

thanks for the help :)