Latest Pocket PC Version and where to get it?

May 30, 2005 7:54:40 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.handhelds (More info?)

Hi all,

I have an HP iPAQ H5450 running

Windows CE 4.2
Product Revision Level: 3.0
Rom Date: 07/08/03
Rom Revision 2.00.21 ENG.

Is there a more updated Windows CE version for my iPAQ? If so where can
I get it?

I would really like to update the OS becauses it always crasheds. Well
not always but enought to bug me.

Thanks,

Phillip J. Allen

More about : latest pocket version

Anonymous
May 31, 2005 3:07:43 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.handhelds (More info?)

On Mon, 30 May 2005 15:54:40 -0500, "Phillip J. Allen"
<paallen@attglobal.net> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I have an HP iPAQ H5450 running
>
>Windows CE 4.2
>Product Revision Level: 3.0
>Rom Date: 07/08/03
>Rom Revision 2.00.21 ENG.

Microsoft seems to hide basic info like the Pocket PC version. The
clue is that your iPAQ is running version 4.2 of the operating system.
That means your iPAQ is running Pocket PC 2003 (or, more officially,
Windows Mobile 2003 for Pocket PC).

>Is there a more updated Windows CE version for my iPAQ? If so where can
>I get it?

Microsoft just release Windows Mobile 2005.

For Windows CE, each OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) is
responsible for operating system upgrades. That means you need to go
through HP. Only a few provide upgrades. I have no idea whether HP
does.

I just used google (http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search) to
look up
iPAQ H5450 upgrade
and got 76 hits. I took a quick look and think you will find useful
info. But you may need to wade a bit.

You might also check Chris De Herrera's site:
http://www.cewindows.net/

>I would really like to update the OS becauses it always crasheds. Well
>not always but enought to bug me.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Phillip J. Allen

Robert E. Zaret, eMVP