I need a driver for Sony Optiarc AD-7561S [I have looked everywhere!]

darcyhart

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2008
Hey!

My DVD RW does not write files at all, my laptop thinks its doing so but when I use the CD I find it's blank.
The drive isn't shown in Disk Management at all and so it seems as though the computer has forgotten about it... it used to work!
I have tried multiple things but still nothing.
I've come to the conclusion that I need to reinstall the driver for the device(optiarc ad-7561s) but I have looked in every logical source including the HP, Sony and Microsoft support sites and have come up with nothing! I even dug out the box of my laptop and found a note from HP ironically saying something along the lines of "make your own recovery CD using the software preinstalled on your computer." Luckily the software didn't have to be put onto disk to be used, unlickily I used the software only to find that it does not hold the driver for the disk drive(WTF)...

I have a HP Pavilion dv7-1132nr. I need the driver otherwise I will never beable to write a CD or DVD again!

If someone could help me out I would really appreciate it!
Sorry if I seem a little erratic but I've been on this task for the past 5 hours.

Thanks very much!

darcyhart

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2008

It is on the BIOS boot list as "Internal CD/DVD drive"(or something very similar to that) not sure howelse to check the BIOS for it.

Sorry, yeah it's enabled.

Give me a PC and I'll open that badboy up and pop and prod all day, but it's a laptop and I'd feel a bit off about it. I'll atleast take a look at opening it later.
But I must tell you that it the laptop can read from it! And programs can 'see' it, just not write to it. Some, like WMP, think they are doing so only to produce a dud CD. Others detect it but do not allow me to write!

Only had the thing 2 years!

darcyhart

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2008

Thanks for the reply.
Are there any other details I could provide you?