secured-nor1

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2008
Hello to all,

I new in here.. I have bought a car computer recently but the hard drive is missing. I have no idea what type of motherboard it has. I believe the picture shows below the hard drive connector on the board.

DSC09494.jpg

This might be the SATA connector but I dont have any suitable cable for that and afaik all the 2.5" notebook hard drives have different connectors. So what type of hard drive should I order to run this computer?

Here is the motherboard

DSC09493.jpg

Sorry for the pictures. There are two more connection on the board. I believe one for the DDR2 Rams and the other is a small sized PCI. Is it possibe to connect a solid state this drive to this motherboard?

DSC09486.jpg

DSC09490.jpg

Fotoraf0220-1.jpg

Thanks for the answers.

Cheers

Slobogob

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
It's probably a SCSI connector. I would not recommand operating that board. You might need registered DDR2 or even ECC DDR2 and sticking regular RAM in it might not work. Try to find out which brand and chipset it is, then get the manual from the manufacturer. Most have it online. In it you will find a board layout diagram with all connectors described properly.

secured-nor1

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2008
There is a winbond chipset on the motherboard but I still couldnt find the manufacturer. By the way I dont know how to power this hard drive because it works without the PSU. May be from USB connectors. :/