displaying pocketpc image on desktop while GPRS?

May 30, 2005 7:13:47 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.handhelds (More info?)

Hi,
i'm trying to display my qtek s100 image on a desktop computer, and be
able to input through the desktop computer keyboard. this works using
remote display control. however, the problem is that i also want the
pocket pc to be connected to gprs, and using remote display control
requires an usb connection between the pocketpc and the computer. it
seems the usb connection overrides the gprs connection, resulting in my
being unable to have any desktop display while using gprs (since it
requires me to remove the usb cable). does anyone have a good solution
to this? thanks.
Anonymous
June 1, 2005 3:46:31 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.handhelds (More info?)

30 May 2005 15:13:47 -0700, Green4231:

> Hi,
> i'm trying to display my qtek s100 image on a desktop computer, and be
> able to input through the desktop computer keyboard. this works using
> remote display control. however, the problem is that i also want the
> pocket pc to be connected to gprs, and using remote display control
> requires an usb connection between the pocketpc and the computer. it
> seems the usb connection overrides the gprs connection, resulting in my
> being unable to have any desktop display while using gprs (since it
> requires me to remove the usb cable). does anyone have a good solution
> to this? thanks.

You could try Infrared instead of USB. It is by far slower, so I
recommend MTUX Remote Control [1], which is still usable at this
transfer speed.

[1] http://www.mtux.com/download.aspx
--
Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
"All I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by."