Sign in with
Your question

Is kaspersky a good anti virus?

Last response: in Applications
November 27, 2012 5:47:12 PM

I am about to try another antivirus, and I heard Kaspersky is good. I have used Norton and McAfee and both suck.

Basically I want something that is as effective as possible, with minimal bogging down of the system like norton.
November 29, 2012 9:12:35 AM

Try trend Micro. I use it and it doesn't seem to reduce system performance.
m
l
a b 8 Security
November 29, 2012 9:42:06 AM

nirrtix said:
I am about to try another antivirus, and I heard Kaspersky is good. I have used Norton and McAfee and both suck.

Basically I want something that is as effective as possible, with minimal bogging down of the system like norton.

As previously noted, Trend Micro is very effective. As is several of the free to home user's such as Avast, Avira, AVG. Personally, I prefer Comodo CIS, and Malwarebytes Pro, as a supplement to the AV.
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
November 29, 2012 11:34:28 AM

Yeah, I use Malware Antibytes and Trend Micro Hijackthis along with my ani-virus.
m
l
November 29, 2012 12:55:25 PM

yeah i am trying the free kaspersky now... some of their webpage protection crap is annoying at best. I will try those others...
m
l
a b 8 Security
November 29, 2012 1:00:00 PM

nirrtix said:
yeah i am trying the free kaspersky now... some of their webpage protection crap is annoying at best. I will try those others...

AVG has those frequent NAG screens to purchase , if I remember correctly.
m
l
November 29, 2012 8:13:40 PM

In 2010 when they did a comparison apparently Norton had the highest detection rate.... or something like that.
m
l
November 29, 2012 8:14:33 PM

I'm not sure who did it; I just read in a magazine.
m
l
November 29, 2012 8:20:18 PM

I do not mind purchasing a antivirus... I want one that works that is not a system hog.
m
l
November 29, 2012 8:30:47 PM

Then I say Trend Micro. Google for Trend Micro reviews because you will get more people's view on it, than just a few people's at this forum if you want to make a good choice before buying it.
m
l
November 29, 2012 8:55:38 PM

true...
m
l
a b 8 Security
November 30, 2012 6:07:50 AM

nirrtix said:
I do not mind purchasing a antivirus... I want one that works that is not a system hog.

Then, you do not want Norton.
m
l
November 30, 2012 6:12:24 PM

ksiemb said:
Then, you do not want Norton.

Well I know that Norton is a system hog. I know there are plenty that are not free. I was jsut saying I do not have a problem paying for something that is not a system hog and keep my computer clean of viruses.
m
l
December 13, 2012 2:12:46 AM

nirrtix said:

You won't go wrong with Kaspersky, detects all known baddies and doesn't hog the system. Why do you think that most businesses and big corporate companies send all their software to be tested to Kaspersky, enough said!
m
l
December 13, 2012 2:18:00 AM

The Stealthinator said:
In 2010 when they did a comparison apparently Norton had the highest detection rate.... or something like that.

Maybe in 2010 not now!
m
l
December 13, 2012 11:32:38 AM

When did Trend Micro all of a sudden get good? It's always been a resource hog for me.

In order of preference: ESET NOD 32, Kaspersky, Norton Internet Security

In order of cost (cheapest to most expensive): Norton IS (usually free after rebate), Kaspersky (free - $5 after rebate), NOD 32 (rarely on sale).

ESET seems to be lightest on resoures, then Norton, then Kaspersky. All of which for me have been better than Trend Micro, McAfee, Panda.

I definitely do not recommend AVG. I've always had way too many problems with it. Avast is a better free alternative, as is Microsoft Security Essentials.
m
l
!