Industrial Demand and Density

Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

What does it take before high density industrial will develop? I've got
high density residential and commercial, but I have yet to see any high
density industrial, despite the fact that demand for manufacturing and high
tech is off the charts.

--
Sherrie

Sherrie wrote:
> What does it take before high density industrial will develop? I've
> got high density residential and commercial, but I have yet to see
> any high density industrial, despite the fact that demand for
> manufacturing and high tech is off the charts.

You have to zone it.

Will Bradshaw wrote:
> You have to zone it.

I read you post wrong, So you have zoned it but its not developing? Check
desirability and all the other graphs etc.

"> Will Bradshaw wrote:
> > You have to zone it.
>
> I read you post wrong, So you have zoned it but its not developing? Check
> desirability and all the other graphs etc.

Do I need a certain number of industrial jobs before it will develop (after
being zoned, of course)? Desirablity is good, I believe - low pollution,
traffic OK, distance to residential close, freight trips short, low crime,
etc.

Sherrie

Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

You need a high education level from all of your sims to have high tech
industrial development, build schools and fund them well.....

"Yeah_us" <Yeaus@here.com> schreef in bericht
> Sherrie wrote:
>> What does it take before high density industrial will develop? I've got
>> high density residential and commercial, but I have yet to see any high
>> density industrial, despite the fact that demand for manufacturing and
>> high
>> tech is off the charts.

> You need a high education level from all of your sims to have high tech
> industrial development, build schools and fund them well.....

Sherrie must zone these area that way. And the "aantrekkelijkheid"
(attractivity) must be high enough. Lower the taxes to high density and
polluting industry.

For high tech you need several levels of schools, including universities.
Some expensive buildings do give hich-tech some boost.

--
Bezoek het Diablo II Forum Nederlands: http://www.diablo2forum.nl/index.php
English: Visit http://www.diablo2forum.nl/viewforum.php?f=16

Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

Hi Sherrie,
it seems to me that we have a problem that needs resolution:

well here r a few points:
->firstly,for getting high tech industry, u shud have atleast 3 cities.
->then for getting high tech raise all industrial taxes
->make sure there is no sign of high pollution
to 15.0 or above; except for high tech, which should be 8.0
->afterwards, make sure u have a high education of other two cities (170
will be fine) and increase this ones also.
->having a disease research lab, adv research centre and university will
be a plu
->lastly, to make ur development go CRAZY, border the industrial zones
with small flower gardens.

applying this will give u high tech buildings that u have never seen
b4....;)

all the best
SimCitic