Sign in with
Your question

Vista Compatibility Mode

Last response: in Windows XP
April 12, 2010 12:51:17 PM

Hi.
I have just installed the Just Cause 2 Demo on my XP and i found out that its only compatible with Vista and 7. Is there any way to get it to run on XP like a compatibility mode or something?
April 12, 2010 7:25:31 PM

There is no way to play this game in XP.

The only thing you can try, is to play it under Virtualization software, like VMware Workstation.

Know that playing this game in this mode might be slow and frustrating, depends on the hardware you got in you PC.
April 12, 2010 7:38:07 PM

vmware does not fully support direct X so that would not be an alternative

Just Cause 2 only works with direct X 10 and there is no direct X 10 or 11 support under windows XP.
Related resources
April 13, 2010 10:16:34 AM

Matan Eldan said:
Know that playing this game in this mode might be slow and frustrating, depends on the hardware you got in you PC.

I think my computer might be able to handle it. Not entirely sure though.

captaincharisma said:
vmware does not fully support direct X so that would not be an alternative

Just Cause 2 only works with direct X 10 and there is no direct X 10 or 11 support under windows XP.

This is the problem i always find. What if it can trick it into thinking it has Direct X 10 like it makes it think its running Vista or 7?
Damn Eidos and Steam for making Just Cause 2 incompatible on XP. The only computer I've got with Vista is my brother's, and he won't let me put JC2 in that.
April 13, 2010 4:28:14 PM

huze5 said:
I think my computer might be able to handle it. Not entirely sure though.

This is the problem i always find. What if it can trick it into thinking it has Direct X 10 like it makes it think its running Vista or 7?
Damn Eidos and Steam for making Just Cause 2 incompatible on XP. The only computer I've got with Vista is my brother's, and he won't let me put JC2 in that.

then it will just error out or crash when trying to go to the title screen. it uses directx 10 because it take advantages of the new technology directx 10 offers .

Quote:
Damn Eidos and Steam for making Just Cause 2 incompatible on XP

can't blame the developers for wanting to make a game with new technology.if they made the game backward compatible with a 10+ old OS then the game wouldn't look as good as it does . reminds me of when the people with windows 98 whining how they couldn't play the new games on there computers when they would only work with windows XP.

you only have yourselves to blame for believing the idiots who thought Vista was crap when there was nothing wrong with it at all.
April 14, 2010 12:31:00 PM

Would it work if i downloaded one of those hacked Direct X 10 files?
April 14, 2010 3:04:33 PM

its possible. maybe those hacked files found a way to get it to work with XP.. but make sure you create a system restore point before installing somthing like that in case something goes wrong
April 22, 2010 5:52:36 PM

its ok now. ive setup a dual boot with xp and windows 7. just copying the graphics drivers and downloading just cause 2. yay!
!