Couple Performance Questions!

Fatness

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2007
Im currently running a Core2Duo 6400 at 2.13ghz, and a EVGA 8800gts I am trying to play gears of war and I get some intense lag issues sometimes. Im wondering what the best way to go would be? I'm thinking of either getting a new processor or another video card and using sli. I cant overclock because I'm not confident enough and I cant get into my BIOS anyways. So if anyone could please lend some sound advice I would be extremely appreciative. I'm also looking to fix a monitor issue. I have problems with games sometimes where lines go through my screen I believe its because the monitor isn't fast enough or w/e. I believe it's called screen tearing I've tried turning VSync on but it is a no go. I know I'm not really a big poster here I'm just more of a reader it's just getting tiring having to dumb down my graphics all the time. Thanks in advance.

KekaiGenkai

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2007
I've been told that having a monitor with a low refresh rate can result in screen tearing. My computer displays some of this effect because I bought the cheapest 20" display I could get my hands on. It's refresh rate is 60mhz and I'm fairly certain this has lead to some performance issues. I notice this effect most when going around corners, the wall edge gets a little jagged. This sounds somewhat similar to what you are describing.

Also, what type of psu do you have. If it's not quality, or if it's not enough power this can result in decreased performance. It seems like you've got quality parts otherwise.

Fatness

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2007
Processes-1.jpg

My normal processes list.

systemlord

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2006
I have seen only one game that was ported to the PC that was good, Rainblow Six Vegas. Lost Planet, and Splinter Cell Double Agent were horrible and a lot of other ports from consoles really suck on the PC. Don't ecpect to much from ports.