Inbox Subfolder & ALL emails in it have disappeared!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikkyjj

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
Hello,
I have spent hours now looking for my missing Outlook 2007 Inbox Subfolder and it's contents. There were a couple of hundred emails in it. Where could they be? OS is Windows 7.
I have checked the Views, they are all set correctly.
How do I get the folder back and why has it vanished?
I use a POP3 not an exchange server. Could it be that I opened the Outlook on my old laptop to look at an old email and then went back to my new laptop? It was at this point that the folder disappeared.
Can anyone help me please?

nikkyjj

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
Thank you bubblehead, please could you expand on this advice as I tried it and could only see the 'Outlook Today' pane and no details of any files or folders?

nikkyjj

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
I tried both ways, when I searched through Explorer I located the .pst files but I couldn't open it/them any further. I received a message asking which application I wanted to use to open it with?

nikkyjj

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
I am sorry, maybe I am being obtuse but on doing this as I said above I just get the 'Outlook Today' pane with Calendar, To Do List and Messages summary. No list of files to select and open?

Oldgal

Honorable
Mar 17, 2013
I had exact problem and read a forum answer to go reset the outlook navigation pane. They said to go to Start => Search Programs and Files input area in Windows 7, and type in outlook.exe/resetnavpane BUT this didn't work for me. However when I just typed in outlook.exe, it found an outlook file in the search window and I clicked on that. Once I clicked on that, my subfolders appeared again!! Wheh!

Status
Not open for further replies.