Lan Problem on new M2N-SLI Delux Mobo

Tags:
  • Asus
  • Computer
  • Ethernet Card
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
December 6, 2007 5:46:38 AM

This is my first computer, and computer building experience. I got everything to work, until I realized that lan ports don't work for some reason. I installed Win XP Pro, and it is SP1 right now, but I can't get my ethernet ports to work.
Here is what I did so far:

I have installed the drivers that came with my mobo. it is called the NVIDIA Chipset Driver Program. It said it included ethernet drivers. I got those things to installed, but it says my ethernet is unplugged. I wonder if it is a problem that I already plugged my ethernet cord into the ethernet port when I installed the driver. I saw the light turn orange for a little bit after installing the drivers, but when I restarted my computer it says network cable is unplugged. Any solutions?

More about : lan problem m2n sli delux mobo

December 6, 2007 6:30:56 AM

Check your BIOS settings.Perhaps your ethernet adapter is disabled by default.
December 6, 2007 8:51:25 AM

also try another cat5 cable.
Related resources
December 6, 2007 2:26:43 PM

Why would active armor affect my lan connection, I mean I get it if firewall can cause my internet to display connected, and not get a connection, but it displays cable unplugged... and thats why i am just really confused.

Also I checked bios and everything should be set

Edit:

I just removed something called ForceShield nVidia internet security something... Didn't solve the problem. In the bios just make sure Lan 1 and Lan 2 are enabled right? The strangest part is that I got the light for a little bit before going off completely.

Also My Cat5 works, because I can plug it into my laptop and everything is chill.
!