Random Overclock Failure P5K Deluxe

sportsfanboy

Distinguished
Hey guy... I got an overclock failure the other night after my computer was seemingly running fine for 8+ months.

I shut down the computer, went out with friends, came back, then my computer wouldn't boot.

It hung at startup, so I shut down by holding the power botton then unplugged the power from the wall.

Then it gave me the overclock failure screen "enter f1 to load defaults or f2 to configure" something like that.

I went into the bios and my settings were intact so I exited and started windows with no problems.

This little glitch is really bothering me as it has been running fine with my current settings for the better part of a year. All settings were prime tested for stability and temperatures, everything was fine untill last night. I'm alittle bit lost, any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a mildly overclock quad to 3.0 fsb 334, 2gb of crucial 1066 5-5-5-15 @ 1006 4-4-4-12 2.2 volts

Thanks in advance

Evilonigiri

Splendid
Jun 8, 2007
You might want to run 8hours of Prime95 small FFTs and 12hours of Prime95 blend test again. This is because as the system parts gets older, it requires more voltage to run the same speed.

Also, clean off the dust in your system if you haven't.