crossfire on a m2n32??

Nerox

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2007
hi, I have an asus motherboard m2n32 sli deluxe and soon I WILL GET A VIDEO GRAphic card of the hd 300 series, and i want to know if my motherboard will support to put two of atis card to run in crossfire??

hughyhunter

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
Hopefully you didnt already but the 3000 series card... there is absolutely no way that you will run 2 ATI cards on your M2N32 mobo. You can hack the bios but that is very difficult and not many people know how to do that and you are probably not going to learn on a forum. They call the M2N32 mobo an SLI mobo for a reason. Because it supports Nvidia GPU's in SLI. If I were you I would strongly consider going for the 8800GT rather than the ATI cards because of the fact that your upgradeablitiy options would be very limited in the SLI area. You have a great mobo so dont spoil it now by getting an ATI card. Not that anything is wrong with ATI they have a great product with the 3870 but unfortunatley the 590 chipset is SLI and not Crossfire. Besides the 8800GT is a bit faster anyway. I just bought one two weeks ago and am not looking back one bit and have no room for SLI as my mobo is not SLI capable.