Fry's does it again

htoonthura

Distinguished
May 21, 2006

can you tell me which day's ad? i am looking at 11/21/07 ad and i could not find the deal. Please let me know.

Thanks.

tlmck

Distinguished
Today they had a Seagate 320gb SATA 300 drive for $59 in store. This trumps Best Buys Black Friday ad. http://shopping.dallasnews.com/ROP/Ads.aspx?advid=2519&adid=5381976&subid=18636966&type=

The ad on fat wallet is for San Diego, but you can bet most of the deals will show up in other Fry's ads for Thursday. They're closed Thursday and open Friday. Sorry, these specials are for stores only. Better show up around 3 am. The line is about 500 ft long at the 5 am opening. Also, the ecs board sold with the q6600 doesn't officially support it. It may not even post, or show up as "unknown cpu".

The ecs board that comes with the q6600 has an sis chipset, and doesn't officially support this cpu. So, it may not even post, or post as "unknown cpu". I tried to get some info last time fry's ran this special, but no one responded.

tlmck

Distinguished
According to the ECS web site it does not support a quad. Even if it did, it would likely be a poor performer. But for $198, you still get a bargain on the Q6600. It could also be a misprint and they meant E6600.

I got an E4300 back in March with an ECS for $99. I got a P35-DS3L($89) for the E4300, and put a Celeron 420($39.99) in the ECS board to use as a general internet Linux box. Runs like a champ. ECS boards are not for high end gaming or overclocking, but are very solid at stock speeds.

Jake_Barnes

Splendid

Here's the web site (on-line only): http://www.frys-electronics-ads.com/

Here's the ad page: Ad

Just wonder if there's any way to find out if that q6600 is B3 or G0 stepping (at $199 - that would be great) - anybody know?

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006

Bless you Jake, and Happy Thanksgiving

IF I READ THE #'S RIGHT, THE MOTHERBOARD WON'T SUPPORT A QUAD CORE PROCESSOR. CORE 2DUO---667 MEMORY. YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO BUY A NEW MOTHERBOARD.

THE ADD SAYS ECS 6717-M........ AT THE EGG I FOUND 671T-M... FRYS MIGHT NOT HAVE THE NUMBER RIGHT.

Evilonigiri

Splendid
Jun 8, 2007
I heard a lot of complaints about Frys. Good thing the Frys near my place is great, I have never had a problem with them. Anyhow I bet the Q6600 is really limited stock, too bad.

Piss off, frys doesnt do that... I used to work there.

they do sell a lot of junk sometimes, but you can also get awesome deals every now and then.

killz86

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2005
i dont use fry's i have heard alot of bad talk about them. so i use newegg to buy my part's and bestbuy for my games or gamestop.

I've never had a problem with the Fry's in Austin Tx. I've returned numerous items, including the 32 inch lcd that's in the ad for tomorrow. They've never given me any hassles as long as I have all the packaging. Once I even forgot the receipt; they just looked it up and went ahead and gave me the refund. I bet they'll have at least 40 q6600's available tomorrow at each store. There's a limit due to space in the cage, where high dollar stuff is distributed. Even if you don't get in line quick enough for certain items, chances are they'll have something else you can use. They've got one nice case that's free after rebate that newegg sells for $50 after rebate. Happy shopping.

Jake, will you marry me?

monsterrocks

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2007

Have you ever posted anything that had to do with computers? I have seen like 100 or so of your posts in various forums and none of them had anything to do with computers.

Noya

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2006

Why don't you piss off. My Fry's does this **** all the time...you basically have to ask if it's a refurb and half the time it is.