Got Vista Service Pack 1 Beta...any1 have an Opinions?

L1qu1d

Splendid
Sep 29, 2007
I for one love it...My usb transfer is faster and I have a way more stable system:) I'm running a ton of Windows at a time while burning, having Azureus on,Limewire and STEAM:) I could've done more but ...well I didn't want to!

I just wanted to Ask for pplz opinions because I think that Vista just made it's Come back :)

L1qu1d

Splendid
Sep 29, 2007
Sripts lol It was released by microsoft and leaked on the internet...I have an original Vista. And since its scripts technically its not illegal:) because I have the original Windows Vista:) lol

They Fixed the stupid file transfer problems I hated that!!!!!
NOw it runs faster and calculated time estimates real time:)
Plus I saw performance increases in games:)
I use to get 70-90 in Bioshock max graphics in XP and now I get 100+ for some reason:S
Which is weird cuz DX 10 graphics are enabled.

spaztic7

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2007
I do not think you answered the question. How do you get the beta version? It was not leaked on then internet. I have heard that it was released. I am very interested on getting it on my system if it is really as good as you say it is. So, please answer how you got it?

jedimasterben

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2007
SP1 fixes every problem I've ever had with Vista, even from back in the RC1 days.

So all of those people that are complaining about Vista being slow, think twice, as it just evolved into something much faster than before.

Edit: Yes, it was leaked onto the internet. It is still in private Beta testing as of right now, so just Google it, and you'll find it.

spaztic7

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2007
Ahh.... it was the private beta that I heard about. Thank you for clarifying that. When I get home I will be searching for the beta then.

L1qu1d

Splendid
Sep 29, 2007
go here http://www.ghacks.net/2007/11/10/download-windows-vista-sp1-beta-through-windows-update-again/
And enjoy.

I didn't answer the question because he said HOW DID YOU GET IT...not WHERE DID U get it:)

And yes it fixes everything there should be a youtube video explaining the difference using 2 screens RTM vs Beta 1 SP

I'm blazing in most games except for Crysis which needs a new driver:)

L1qu1d

Splendid
Sep 29, 2007
December 31 it will be out...yes you can uninstall it like you would any other program...when a new version comes out ur gonna have to uninstall it:)

I have FPS the same or better for games.

Source SDK base

Windows XP: 77.99 FPS (AVG) Windows Vista: 79.99 FPS (AVG)
Setup: 1280x1024 MAX quality, antialisaing 16 Cxxa, Max Antistrophic, HDR enabled.

Bioshock (Begining Water and crashed air plane Scene)

Windows Xp: (70-85 FPS) Windows Vista: (80-110)

Graphics maxed out. I can't remember if I put antialisaing, but it was weird because Windows Vista used DX 10 and was running better now compared to before when the game ran about 60-70 FPS.

Crysis:

Windows Xp: 40-60 FPS
Settings VERY HIGH except for Shadows which was set to low.
1280x1024 no Anti,

Windows Vista: 16-26 FPS
Settings ULTRA HIGH except for Shadows which was set to low
1280x1024 no Anti,

Once set to Very High instead it ran better but Assuming it was still running DX 10 Graphics...it ran a bit better..around 30 -35 FPS.

The motion blurr kills the Cards!

But yeah you can see that most games for me are getting the same or better now:)
Although you can never believe another person you should try for yourself, maybe I just got lucky:)

L1qu1d

Splendid
Sep 29, 2007
Oh and 1 more thing, the ram usuage seems to be alot lower and I managed to update certain updates that wouldn't work...The system is running very efficiently for now. I mean there are sum RAM stumbles here and there but thats the case for Windows Xp 2.

I tried to do the memory stick transfers, one on my Windows Xp and one on my Vista.
Even though the Windows XP one said it would take shorter it actually took as long if not longer than the Vista, since Vista has improved real time speed calculations I was able to see the actual time.

And no more stumbles when transfering, the stupid CALCULATING Message where nothing happens for like and hour!

In all honesty I think its time to bring it out if you have it. Only 2 months till the releasal of the official SP 1 and you can not worry about reinstalling windows:p

I just did it because I dont really care that games suck now (RTM version lol:p) but with 1-5 FPS difference...whos to complain when the other features are so much faster. I'm doing ok now with games:D

jedimasterben

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2007
Well, Vista's RAM usage will always be different, as it will preload some of your frequently used programs at the same time and day of month (etc) so that they will load faster.

L1qu1d

Splendid
Sep 29, 2007
I dunno w.e it was
the option you can't select in Windows Xp...I can't remember what its actually called...it might be High and Just Very High I dunno sorry to confuse you lol...I just meant to say the option that isn't available in Windows XP DX 9 :p

Yup, i just loaded up SP1 and defraged the HDDs (i always do this after a SP install and big program installs).....(7:20)

Ok, that gave the PC a boost. Now to test some bugs,games, programs,....(7:45)

Well nothing seems to have a problem. no driver conflicts etc. (8:30). Most of the games look fine, some of the games might have gotten a small <25% boost.

(8:40) Time to get back to my school work.

spaztic7

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2007
I run 64bit and I do not notice anything bad from it. Crysis should run better in a 64 bit environment and compared to my friends vista, mine loads faster (we have the same hardware, I designed both machines. He just did not want to run a legal copy of vista nor 64 bit, he has 4 gigs of ram 3.5 showing) and the real benifit will start to show when you have 4 gigs or more of ram. You will lose some things like wireless capabilities because there are no drivers from anyone for 64 bit os. please correct me if I am wrong.

L1qu1d

Splendid
Sep 29, 2007
I have both 64 bit and 32 bit ...the 64 bit glitches alot in Crysis...while the 32 bit runs decent for me. The load times are slightly faster but that might be because I have raid.
As for my system I have 4 Gigs of Ram and both Vistas detect 4 gigs of ram so I dont know why it wouldnt show you 4 gigs.. :S
Anyways I m happy now Crysis finally runs well with the new Beta Vista Drivers from Nvidia:)
Up next is Call of duty 4 I heard it runs on almost any system and is optimized better than Half life 2!!!!! :S

dallasjoh

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2007
I am in the process of installing the Vista SP1 Beta now. I only hope it corrects the small problems that I have been having with Vista Ultimate 64 bit.