Is this a normal motherboard and CPU temp?

theot13

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
Hey guys I am completely new to these forums and my little brother suggested I come here for all my pc problems and questions. Hopefully you guys can Help.

I have a Asus P4P800SE motherboard with a Pentium 4 processor
According to Asus Probe 2 my CPU is running at 53C or 129F and my MB is running at 40C or 104F.

Ok so heres my question. Are these temperatures right or is my CPU and MB on the verge of burning up?

Your temps may be normal; depends on your room temperature and case airflow. You may also need a cleanup. I use "perfect duster", a compressed air product with a chemical that evaporates after cleaning. It's good for all fans, including the power supply. Available at Fry's electronics.

theot13

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
thanks for the replys. I have no problem with the pc running hot as long as its normal. BTW the temps I gave you where normal Idel temps. When the pc is under load my CPU is at 76C or 164F and my MB is at 52C or 128F. Does this seem normal? According to the Probe its not. Those temp pass the default threshold and a warning is given. And all programs on my pc will lag. So in order to cool the CPU i have ordered a new heatsink and fan( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835166051 ) along with some artic silver. hopefully this will help.

akhilles

Splendid
Never trust software 100%. ASUS throws ASUS Probe in every motherboard bundle & the temp thresholds are the same across the board. That's a fault right there. Core 2 runs very cool whereas Prescott runs extremely hot. If you want, you can go to intel.com & search for your cpu part # for the max safe temp. Subtract that by 10 & that's your max safe.

If you don't know your cpu part #, google cpuz & run it.